Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

by mattvds

Original Post

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

Community Manager

Hey all, for account issues such as this you will need to speak with our live support team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 11 of 358 (2,446 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for another canned response @EA_Darko. If you actually READ what is posted here you would know that we have ALL contacted the live support team and have gotten NOWHERE. But go ahead and keep posting canned responses telling us to contact support, I'm sure that will solve the problem.

If you get tired of copying and pasting maybe take a look at an actual support ticket to see how UNHELPFUL your support team is (#84476024).

Message 12 of 358 (2,418 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Joshuugan, as I have said multiple times in relation to issues such as this, we are not able to assist with any account related issues on AHQ. We simply cannot offer any assistance on AHQ, the only thing we can do is direct you to our live support team and I'm sorry to say but if they are unable to assist you then there is nothing that we can do to change that.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 13 of 358 (2,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko Having an irreversible issue for customers is not something that I believe you want for your company. I too have this issue and need assistance in associating a gamer tag with my correct EA account. The simple answer that nothing can be done, and you should have checked the terms and conditions, is not consumer friendly or acceptable.

Message 14 of 358 (2,315 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA is holding my Xbox gamertag for ransom as well. Will do literally nothing for me. At this point they are just accepting someone else to use it.

Message 15 of 358 (2,304 Views)

Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey Fellow Gamer and EA Victim!

Below is a copy pasta of something I just left on Reddit, Absolutely shocked this post didn't help you and PHONE couldn't help.  I spent almost 48 hours on an email chain and spoke with about 5 different people and 2x more chat agents. Same as you.   I eventually got a total EA Hero Tapash who deserves 5x the pay they are on right now.  The below from my reddit post is adapted for a SteamID.  But you can rest-assured, I adapted these from instructions and recently did exactly what you ask for an Xbox live account.

If you can login to the EA account great, Go to your profile of the linked EA account via :
InPrivate/Incognito > https://help.ea.com/ > hit login on Top-Right >

[If you cannot access the email for this EA account]

InPrivate/Incognito > https://help.ea.com/ > hit login on Top-Right > Don't Enter Email! > Login Link should allow login via SteamID of linked account. (This works for Xbox, PSN etc.)]

Once inside :

> Connections Tab > Unlink Steam. (Read ahead before clicking)

If like me, the EA account is lost to you, then you have a bit of a struggle on your hands but it starts with EA Support, Don't even try with Steam etc. the link works in reverse. If you follow steps above to login to EA using SteamID your support journey should be quicker.

I should warn you here : Once I recovered access I ALMOST unlinked, but as the warning states - You can unlink and re-link another account, but all game progress and **SUBSCRIPTIONS** will be lost (If you have EA Play). I now have to ride both accounts til I can figure out a merge or just let gamepass expire and THEN link my proper Origin account before re-subscribing.

^^ If this subscription problem is an issue for you, you should keep the account alive, raise an email or chat with EA and let them know you can login via linked account but need to change email.

You have my sympathies, EA haven't made this easy and it seems each platform is as powerless as the next, the issue is resolved with EA Support. Hopefully the above helps.

Message 16 of 358 (2,761 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just Re-Read your post and TBH I think I've jumped the gun, your issue sounds WAY weird and I would keep an ongoing ticket with EA support until that is resolved.  That's worse than wrong account linked.

Message 17 of 358 (2,687 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

THAT DOES NOT WORK NOW

Message 18 of 358 (2,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Then who can/ or can I never buy a ea game ever again

Message 19 of 358 (2,571 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a very similar problem. 

I bought a month of EA play on xbox and I think it generated a different ea account and linked it with my xbl account. 

Now when I try to use ea play via my gamepass on xbl on pc - it won't work as my xbl is already linked to a random EA account that has no email assigned to it. EA say it's a deleted account and refuse to unlink it. I have no way of restoring it and whenever I try to login via xbl on ea it just asks for a reset but when I put the email in I KNOW is used for my xbl account. It refuses to accept it. 

Message 20 of 358 (2,536 Views)