Unauthorised Access to Account

by lonerider2234

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unauthorised Access to Account

★★★ Newbie

I have been getting a couple of unauthorised 'reset password' emails from EA and I also noticed that the language and country settings on my account were changed.

This happened twice: Once before and once after I changed my password. I feel like my account is at risk even though I just changed the password, what should I do?

Message 1 of 4 (2,533 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unauthorised Access to Account

EA DICE Team

@lonerider2234,

It would be best for you to understand how you can keep your account safe, and then change the relevant information:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

If you are unsure about anything, feel free to go over this with a Game Advisor:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,565 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@lonerider2234,

It would be best for you to understand how you can keep your account safe, and then change the relevant information:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

If you are unsure about anything, feel free to go over this with a Game Advisor:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Message 2 of 4 (2,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Tom!

I usually pride myself of being able to keep my account safe anyway. I never really fall for phishing and I am quite careful with my account details. I must admit that my previous password was a bit insecure, however I have now changed it to something a lot more secure. I was originally brought aware of the fact that somebody was accessing my account when I received a "security code" from EA. I originally though this was a phising mail, but it turns out that it was actually genuine and somebody was logged into my account at that time, changing around several settings (most notably the country and language options, which were changed to ukraine and the respective language). I have included a screenshot of said email (however removed the security code).

When I noticed this I immediately changed my password.. although I had some problems since it seems that I forgot my secret answer so I had to change my password using the password forgotten option. After I had done so it seems that the person was still logged into my account and changed the language settings again, so I had to change them back once more. After that I received 3 password reset emails, so obviously the person who was logged into my account was automatically logged out because I changed the password and tried to gain access again using the password forgotten option.

I hope they didn't succeed, but the emails have stopped since then. I was just a bit scared at that moment and it's definitely not a nice feeling knowing there is somebody out there forcing their way into your account.

I wanted to contact a game advisor, however the only option I am being given is to receive a call, which I don't want to, since my phone has been having a bit of issues recently and at that point in time I also wasn't able to take phone calls. It would be nice if EA would allow us to choose a form of contact, rather than forcing one onto us Standard smile

Kind regards,

Dominic

Message 3 of 4 (2,513 Views)

EA DICE Team

@lonerider2234,

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for updating me on the situation.

I would like to add that if the intruder was able to login on your account and change things, they most likely also had access to your email address. They need the code sent to there to actually change anything. Make sure you change your email password as well if you haven't done so yet.

If you ever come across anything like this again, like you mentioned, the easiest way to kick someone from your account is to change your password.

As for the contact options, depending on the topic selected and the time of day, chat or email might for example not be available. 

Lastly, glad to hear everything is ok again... :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 4 (2,502 Views)