Origin Keys Invalid

by Thijminecraft02

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Keys Invalid

★★ Guide

All Origin keys say "invalid key", it should atleast say that the key is already redeemed like it did yesterday, but all games i try to redeem say "invalid key" I tried redeeming on the account page (code redemption does not load) origin app and ea desktop app but none of them work.

Message 3 of 13 (895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Keys Invalid

★★ Guide
@EA_Leeuw But Steam Support tells me to contact EA Support, and EA Support tells me to contact Steam Support.

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (694 Views)

All Replies

All Origin keys say "invalid key"

★★ Guide

All Origin keys say "invalid key", it should atleast say that the key is already redeemed like it did yesterday, but all games i try to redeem say "invalid key" I tried redeeming on the account page (code redemption does not load) origin app and ea desktop app but none of them work.

Message 1 of 13 (889 Views)

Invalid Key Origin

★★ Guide

Message 2 of 13 (894 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Thijminecraft02,

If you get an "invalid key" error for all game codes that you're trying to redeem either via Origin or our website, it's very well possible that the keys are indeed invalid.

May I ask how you got these game codes?

I would also like to point out that it's not necessary to create three(!) of the same topics on different boards on our forums. This can be seen as Spam.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 13 (879 Views)

★★ Guide

I got them from steam

Message 5 of 13 (854 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Leeuw I have also tried to redeem a key that i used in the past and instead of saying "this key is already used" it said "invalid key"
Message 6 of 13 (848 Views)

Community Manager
@Thijminecraft02, I see. Well, Steam should not give you a key that you need to redeem on Origin. May I ask which game this is about?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 7 of 13 (650 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Leeuw Hey, it is for Crysis, and the drm activation told me my key is invalid repeatedly, so i cannot play.
Message 8 of 13 (628 Views)

Community Manager
@Thijminecraft02, thanks for the details.

Hmm, alright. Yeah you should not be given a key for an EA game if you purchase them via Steam, it should work the same as if you purchase a game via Origin (so they just should be activated on your account automatically).

So when you launch Crysis, it immediately asks for a key? And is this via Steam or Origin where it asks you for a key?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 9 of 13 (595 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Leeuw It has a drm that asks for a key not steam or origin itself, i tried redeeming the key on origin and sometimes it gives me an error where is says it is used already and sometimes it lets me select a language for crysis and then gives me an unknown key error. The invalid key error is a cooldown of like 72 hours where if yku redeem 5 origin keys for 72 hours all keys will immediatly say they are invalid.
Message 10 of 13 (583 Views)