Live chat broken, verify account emails not being sent

by dragondead3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Live chat broken, verify account emails not being sent

★★★ Novice

So is EA's stuff just broken?  I've been trying to contact support and their live chat does not work for me and they just close the ticket without doing anything.  It took them a month to fix my account so I could link it to my xbox live account and then after I got it done it wanted me to verify my account with a code they would send me.  Guess what they never sent me.  You'd be correct if you said the code.  Now their games even checking once a month say I've tried too many times and to try again later.  It only didn't say that once like 3 months ago when I first tried after they fixed my account.  It has never sent me the code to verify the account and instead of live chat working it never pops up and they just close my tickets.

Message 1 of 4 (332 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Live chat broken, verify account emails not being sent

Community Manager

Hey @dragondead3,

If you're never seeing the live chat itself pop up, you may need to check your browser settings to be sure that any ad or pop-up blockers aren't active on the EA Help site.

Clearing your browser cache/cookies or even testing this in a different browser may help as well.

After that, as long as it's showing that live chat option when you open a case, it should be popping up so you can speak with someone directly. 

Alternatively you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead if that's easier.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (242 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Excuse me, live chat option not appear? And have you tried changing the "countries and regions"?

You can change countries and regions in top right corner. (Maybe)

Message 2 of 4 (286 Views)

★★★ Novice

In the US and it does appear but it never pops up.  So it does not work because it just sits on that page saying to check the live chat pop up for the next available person and then they close my ticket.

Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dragondead3,

If you're never seeing the live chat itself pop up, you may need to check your browser settings to be sure that any ad or pop-up blockers aren't active on the EA Help site.

Clearing your browser cache/cookies or even testing this in a different browser may help as well.

After that, as long as it's showing that live chat option when you open a case, it should be popping up so you can speak with someone directly. 

Alternatively you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead if that's easier.

Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)