I want to unlink my old deleted EA account from my Xbox/PSN account

by AndreaSgarro

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Is there a way to do it? I deleted my EA account about two years ago, in the meantime I created another EA account that I use to play on PC, when I came back on Xbox and on PS5 and started FIFA 21 (PS5) or Battlefield V (Xbox Series X) it was a shock. The game is not landing on a login page like "insert your mail and password to access", no! The system says that my EA account has been disabled and blocked (and I know it, I deleted it!). Now, in every logical login system, if your logged with an account doesn't exist anymore, the system will redirect you to a login page to access with another account. Do you think this happen with EA account? Absolutely no. And perhaps NOBODY advised me when I was choosing to delete my EA account than THAT account will be linked to my Xbox Live and PlayStation Network accounts FOREVER. To make matters worse, I recently made an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription which includes EA Play, and guess what? I can't access to any game online feature from Xbox, and on PC I can't even download them from the Xbox app (it says "something went wrong")! Madness.

Now the question is: is there a fix or a way to request this fix to the EA Developer Team? I want to play the games I paid for.

Message 1 of 17 (3,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I want to unlink my old deleted EA account from my Xbox/PSN account

Community Manager
Hi @AndreaSgarro,

Sorry to hear this! To ensure we're speaking to the authorized account holder for any issues related to your account you'll need to speak with an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for assistance. 

We can't assist with this type of issue via AHQ I'm afraid.
EACade

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (3,655 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @AndreaSgarro,

Sorry to hear this! To ensure we're speaking to the authorized account holder for any issues related to your account you'll need to speak with an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for assistance. 

We can't assist with this type of issue via AHQ I'm afraid.
EACade
Message 2 of 17 (3,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have a similar story. Since Microsoft offers EA Play within Game Pass Ultimate i struggled to connect my existing 9 years old EA Account. It came out that i had to unlink the existing account that is made up by Mircrosoft for you. So i got in contact with EA - Support to unlink the existing Account. What they did is -they deleted this Account. I aksed them if i would be able to link my prefered one after that they said yes. But no! If you delete any linked Account you are not able to link any other Account to your XBOx-Account ever again!

Message 3 of 17 (3,573 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, EA Support in Italy said that this is impossible. So? What do we do now?

Message 4 of 17 (3,569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's exactly what happened to me. Madness! I asked "After the cancellation will I be able to simply log back in with another account right?" "Oh sure". That's the lie that got me in trouble.

Message 5 of 17 (3,568 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh, and I never accepted this message as a solution, neither the auto +1 that you given to yourself. Don't trick us and give us help!

Message 6 of 17 (3,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What info can be used to do that? I used the email for a new account so can't confirm it that way.

Basically I'm stuck in the same boat and can't play EA games online anymore

Message 7 of 17 (3,344 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@matthesinator I'm bumping this thread this needs to be addressed.
Message 8 of 17 (2,989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@t3rm1n8d@EA_Cade I am also bumping this thread as I also need this to be addressed.

The advisor said there is a deleted account that is linked to mine.

Message 9 of 17 (2,842 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I reached out to EA chat advisor and they mentioned there is a deleted EA account linked to my PSN account. I keep getting the prompt to reset the password but the issue is I'm not receiving the reset email for the deleted account. I created a new EA account and was hoping I could link it to my psn account which was a no-go. I just wanted to play "It Takes Two" with a friend and it turned to such a hassle. QR code shows up on the screen to reset the password which doesn't work either ( I get invalid_request Deprecated web2 traffic error when the QR link loads). worst experience. How on earth they wouldn't automatically unlink deleted accounts.

Message 10 of 17 (2,701 Views)