Can't find my friend in EA App!

by slendysfav

Original Post

Can't find my friend in EA App!

★ Novice

Hi, new here.

A friend and I are trying to play "It Takes Two" together but we don't seem to be able to add each other to our friend's lists. We each own a copy the game, we both have EA accounts, both linked to Steam and Google. We are both adults and have our privacy settings to allow other people to find us. We have looked each other up using EA ID, email and name and we CAN NOT find each other to add as friends. We can't import each other to add as friends from Steam either (despite being friends on Steam).

We don't know what else to do at this point, if you can think of anything we haven't tried please go ahead and let us know

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 11 (1,134 Views)

Re: Can't find my friend in EA App!

Community Manager

Hey @slendysfav if you both try to add other friends do you have the same issue?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,104 Views)

★ Novice

We seem able to find other people to add to the friend list just fine (we have looked up other EA IDs and it shows other users, we haven't tried adding them tho), but when we look each other up the search shows no results

Message 3 of 11 (1,091 Views)

Community Manager

That you can find others @slendysfav points to a system or network issue. Can you both try a different connection to see what happens.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko My friend and I are getting the same issue. Neither of us shows up in the search function of the EA app when trying to add. We have tried all solutions with privacy settings and search settings, even community workarounds online. Is there away for a support member to just manually add us to friends?
Message 5 of 11 (1,009 Views)

Community Manager

We'd not be able to do that @yunghuyz. what happens using a different network?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (1,000 Views)

★ Novice

We tried a different network and it didn't help

Message 7 of 11 (932 Views)

Community Manager

Did both of you try different networks @slendysfav?

Darko  

Darko.png
Message 8 of 11 (890 Views)

★ Novice

We both did, didn't help

Message 9 of 11 (862 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko any other ideas? we both spent money on the game and want to play it at some point

thanks! 

Message 10 of 11 (809 Views)