Re: Account disabled without warning. Now impossible to reactivate!

by TheRussTrain

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This also happened to me. No warnings, no emails, EA just disabled my account.
I still have access to my email, but there is no way to reset the password. When I try to reset it, I simply don't get an email. And no, it's not in the spam folder.
When I try to register a new account to the same address, I get this

but when I click "Next" I get this.

Obviously, f9*****@disabled.ea.com is not my account, therefore I get no password reset emails.
I contacted support, but they are just saying "you should be able to reset the password". I sent them screenshots, I described the situation in a text form, but they keep repeating the same mantra. Stop doing it, there is no way to reset the password if EA sends reset email to *@disabled.ea.com instead of the email I entered.

So:
1. I can't reset the password for my old account, although I have full access to my email.
2. I can't create a new account using my email.

@EA_Illium, the bug is definitely on EA side. EA is permanently blocking their users and don't even care about it.

P.S. I created a new account to write it here. Without creating a new account it's not possible at all to reach support.

Message 11 of 27 (5,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having that exact problem. I have my access to to my email, but the reset password emails aren't coming through. Also not in my spam folder. 

Its weird because I was able to reset to account associated with my xbox live, but the one for my PSN isn't working and that's the one I need. 

Message 12 of 27 (5,325 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@dabaoss302 My EA account was deleted by EA and when I try to reset password I don’t receive email. There is no solution. There are many, many people with this issue who have posted on here. This needs to be a priority EA, we are literally unable to play your games.
Message 13 of 27 (5,242 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue happened to me. I went through the reset password steps multiple times, and no recovery email is sent. I contacted support and they said to "keep trying". What a joke.

Message 14 of 27 (5,226 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA Customer service is non existent.  When you have an issue with your account you can bet on it never being fixed or addressed.  

been dealing with this for three months and no one can help.  Just “contact the terms of service team” but that gets me no where.  I’d love to talk to a person but that doesn’t happen either.

what a joke.

Message 15 of 27 (5,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.

Apparently there is an 15 year old account that was deleted, but without it, Im not able to play EA games.

I have tried dozens of different things and have finally given up on EA as a whole and I suggest you do the same.

It is amazing to see a tech company is losing customers because of a basic login structure fail.

I wish Corporate could see this as Im sure they can fix that in one day. JUST ALOW PEOPLE TO CREATE NEW ACCOUNTS AND LINK THEM TO PSN.

Im happy a new football game is out E Football, from another company, Ill try that.

Good Luck

Message 16 of 27 (5,077 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue for me.  Its a 15-20 year old account.  I have no idea what the email was.   It seems totally unreasonable that EA would disable an account then expect you to remember a 20 year old email address.  Yet they have and in doing so have locked my xbox gamertag from playing there games i have purchased.

I don't need the account back, just my gamertag moved to my new EA account.  

i cant believe they wouldn't just unlink gamertags if they decide to disable an account or support cant just send a verification message straight to your console/gamertag?  Seem like such easy solutions.

I have spent 2–3hrs across 4 help chats. Its a brickwall.  Unless i remember a 15-20 year old email address they wont do anything.  They currently have no work arounds or solution for this.  

Let us transfer our gamertags!  You disabled these accounts, not us!  And now hold our Sony and Microsoft gamertags hostage.  Bad play EA, sad.

Message 17 of 27 (5,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue countless hours spent trying to resolve.  Spent good money on a preorder and can’t play what I purchased.  Even went as far as changing the gamer tag with PSN under the new email.  And it’s still being reported to EA as being listed to an email that no longer exists or can be recovered.

and the support is useless at the least with this issue and is of no help.  EA Deleted an account for non use and I now cannot recover it but they took my money with no issues.

Message 18 of 27 (4,868 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@wlewellen Check your DMs for something that might help.

Message 19 of 27 (4,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Can you send me what you have - ive got the same issue with my PSN account now being linked via a deleted.ea.com  email address and i am getting nowhere with support

Message 20 of 27 (4,798 Views)