Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Name Ban

★★★ Newbie

Product: Origin
Platform:PC
What game do you want to talk about? Account Name Bans
How accessible is the current experience? It's useless to me
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. So recently i decided to check my school emails (same email i use with origin account) and saw an email saying an account ban. My heart sank. So recently i had been on a holiday and had a mate house sitting for me. He thought it would be funny to run around apex with an offensive name as a joke to have me suspended for a week or 2 as a joke. Now its saying my account is banned with no experiation date. Ive looked it up on google, with 1 response saying its 3 days, which was posted years ago. Was in school trying to contact them while trying to change my name on steam with the horrible wifi running on a crappy laptop, stressing that when i get home i am unable to play apex. Had planned to "throw away" more money at some skins that i saw last night and now im unsure if im even able to see the home screen. I wish that they had a faster response than 30 days or that there was a chat room to find out how long im banned for. Honestly a little heartbroken with this, the ban, and the experience dealing with EA.
How is this making it more difficult? I dont want to wait 30 days for a rare octane skin that will be expired because the ban explanation is dodgy.
How can we reproduce this experience? reproduce? to make it better you could just have it clearly stated how long or if its permant on the active ban screen.

So recently i decided to check my school emails (same email i use with origin account) and saw an email saying an account ban. My heart sank. So recently i had been on a holiday and had a mate house sitting for me. He thought it would be funny to run around apex with an offensive name as a joke to have me suspended for a week or 2 as a joke. Now its saying my account is banned with no experiation date. Ive looked it up on google, with 1 response saying its 3 days, which was posted years ago. Was in school trying to contact them while trying to change my name on steam with the horrible wifi running on a crappy laptop, stressing that when i get home i am unable to play apex. Had planned to "throw away" more money at some skins that i saw last night and now im unsure if im even able to see the home screen. I wish that they had a faster response than 30 days or that there was a chat room to find out how long im banned for. Honestly a little heartbroken with this, the ban, and the experience dealing with EA.

Message 1 of 16 (2,693 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Name Ban

Community Manager

@Aspaxia 

We cannot assist with bans directly here on AHQ.

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, you can dispute any action against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (2,667 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Aspaxia 

We cannot assist with bans directly here on AHQ.

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, you can dispute any action against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 16 (2,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i did, 10 seperate times. spent all yesterday - day and night - worried about the ban. i’ve lost my energy to keep sending massive emails to them. all i want to know now is how long it is. because i’d like to get the octane skin in my shop before it leaves.

Message 3 of 16 (2,656 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Aspaxia did you get the skin ?
Message 4 of 16 (2,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ea is super fair man they never take things too far, personally i love them and will buy as much stock as my bank account allows

Message 5 of 16 (1,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Jungle4904 nah, perma banned for a name even though i never recieved an email about a warning.
Message 6 of 16 (1,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@AZZBlaster82 If they were super fair they'd realise that they didn't send me any warnings. Had no previous sanctions on my account but perma banned my account for a name. I don't care what you do with your money, especially on games that are full of bugs or crappy servers.
Message 7 of 16 (1,654 Views)

★★ Novice
@Aspaxia same happened to me 5days ago. got permanently banned because of my steam name
at this point I feel like terms of service team doesn't even exist we just sending messages to a robot who automaticly declines every appeal.
Message 8 of 16 (1,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you cant let me delete my account, just let me unlink it to my steam account

Message 9 of 16 (1,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@AspaxiaI got banned for my name too, they won't even give me a chance to change it, which I think isn't fair at all since its arguably the quickest fix ever. And it didn't even have any slurs. I had to make this dumb alt account just to get more info 

Message 10 of 16 (1,172 Views)