Re: Cannot run in full screen mode!

by txfeinbergs

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am also so very angry at EA to not solve this problem yet. It is my last game from EA I gave a chance. This company do not deserve to have customers. They even do not have balls to say officialy: "We never fix it, deal with it".

Message 241 of 453 (2,254 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, posting to keep the thread going..

Message 242 of 453 (2,146 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Update:
Disabling the Asus OSD didn't work as well.
Message 243 of 453 (2,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wrote in this thread a couple of weeks ago and decided not to play the game until the issue finally gets resolved. So today I decided to start the game just for the fun of it, and to my amazement it started in full screen mode, and it was a true full screen mode because it was shown like one in the options menu. I haven't deleted any third-party software recently (someone here said that it may work for some), so I'm not sure what caused this sudden change. Am I the only one here who got this problem solved?

Message 244 of 453 (2,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There has been no new patch, and no new drivers so I don't know how your computer suddenly started working (good job though). Mine however, remains the same.

Edit:

However, some research is showing me that we may have a patch in the works within the next few weeks. Will it address this? Honestly I've lost all faith in Bioware and I doubt it (sorry), but there's a patch coming with ~mystery~ fixes. Oh, and of course they're supporting multiplayer because...that's what Dragon Age is all around. Right?

Message 245 of 453 (2,041 Views)

★ Novice

yle Hey guys,

I don't know if this will help everybody but may help some.  I'm on Windows 7 on an ASUS laptop with an Nvidia card.   I had the exact same problem and had to disable Windows XP Style DPI Scaling.  Its in the control panel -> appearances and personalization -> DIsplay settings.  Click Set custom text size and disable the "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling"

LIke I said probably won't help everyone but I can now run DAI in full screen so hopefully it helps out a few of you.  

Message 246 of 453 (1,796 Views)

★★ Novice

So lovely, losing so much FPS because i can't go fullscreen.

Though DA:I is crashing with DirectX hang errors aswell or randomly shutting down throwing me to desktop.

The 10minutes or sometimes hours playsession, then random crashes is pissing me off.

Fix the game. Or is this the same as Battlefield 4 where i had to wait for 4-5 months before you fixed anything?

And this is what? 1-2 months after release? 

Great stuff EA. 

And ofcourse they don't give money back for the game you can't even play.

Message 247 of 453 (1,775 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same deal here, constant problem on startup. So now I am playing with one of my $600 cards disabled since SLI is completely hosed, and now I can't even start the game with one GPU becasue of the constant flashing and trying to go full screen on startup. Brilliant!

Message 248 of 453 (1,767 Views)

Re: Cannot run in full screen mode! (MY FIX!)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The fix in my case (Windows 7) was to set Windows text size back to "Smaller - 100% (default)" under [ Control Panel > Apperance and Personalization > Display > Make text and other items larger or smaller ].  Atter logging out (as prompted), and back in, fullscreen started working again.  I have not read the entire thread to see if anyone else had already suggested this, but I hope this helps someone. I am *finally* running fullscreen with the latest NVIDIA drivers on my 2 x GTX970  in SLI at 4k!

Message 249 of 453 (1,757 Views)

Re: Cannot run in full screen mode! (MY FIX!)

★ Apprentice

It would help if you mention what version of Windows you are using as there are different drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1

Btw, has anyone tried using Windows 7 drivers in Windows 8/8.1 to see if there is any difference?

Message 250 of 453 (1,595 Views)