Re: Windows key doesn't work.

by Weeidgit

Original Post

Windows key doesn't work.

★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Windows keys doesn't work, nothing happens when it's pressed. in order to get back to the windows screen/desktop, you must completely leave the game,
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game and press the Windows key.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens (that's the bug).
What do you expect to see? Windows start menu appearing.

Just a minor inconvenience if you need to open up Windows menu or head back to your desktop.

Message 1 of 5 (928 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Roryt111 This is to do with you currently not being able to set it to "Windowed Full Screen" as reported here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Unable-to-adjust-video-settings/m-p/9178455#M3

The other option, other than closing the game completely, is to do Alt+Tab to tab to another already opened program, which will then give you access to everything else. It will minimize C&C, but you just click to go back to it.
Just make sure you have something open before you open C&C - Steam or Origin should be enough though.
Message 2 of 5 (879 Views)

★★ Novice
@Weeidgit Thanks, I'm using a Laptop so no Multi-screen setup!
Message 3 of 5 (865 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Roryt111 It doesnt matter if you're on multi-screen or not, its to do with the game locking itself to full screen.
Message 4 of 5 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Roryt111In case you didnt see, I updated my other thread with a workaround, which should allow you to use your Start Menu again:

"I appear to have found a workaround until a proper fix is provided!

In Video Options, select Windowed (I also unticked V-Sync), then OK it, then do Windowed Full Screen and its kept it as Windowed Full Screen, VSync off, and I can again press the Start Menu to skip out.

This works for both Command and Conquer and Red Alert Video menus."

Message 5 of 5 (815 Views)