Re: Why can’t I take a picture when it says not enough disk space

by fullblownaydss

Original Post

Re: Town portrait / Screenshot *not working*

[ Edited ]
Hero

Won't work on my Galaxy A50. Goes through the whole process just to have error at save. It used to work on this device but stopped working a few months ago.

Works on my Galaxy S7 though.

and works on my 6th gen iPad though the pic is very small

Message 11 of 18 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Gets to 100% two times then "failed to save" Samsung A20 latest android 10 updates

Message 12 of 18 (984 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I don't even bother.  The resultant picture has such a low resolution that it's fairly useless.

Message 13 of 18 (961 Views)

★ Apprentice

No this issue is still not fixed. I've contacted support multiple times. They say they are aware of the issue. But never go about fixing it. I can generate the picture when I select to create one. I creates the town photo and everything. But when you have the option to save or cancel it it has a bug. When I select save it says a unknown error has occurred. It has not worked for me for about a year and I've tried using it multiple times. It helps me see where everything is at so I can design. This is not a useless feature. It helps me greatly in the design process. I've been needing to design my town and this is one of the reasons I have put it off.

Message 14 of 18 (880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In my experience, when the Town Portrait feature actually works (which it rarely does), the resulting image *appears* to be blurry, but the real problem is that the image is so big it takes a while to render it when you try to view it.

I was just able to capture a town portrait (much to my surprise, it usually fails). The resulting image file is 39 MB, 12160x6400 pixels. When I zoom in (using the Photos app on my Android tablet) it's very blurry at first and then gradually shows more detail.

I don't know if that's what you're experiencing, but all the portraits I've managed to generate have had good resolution.

Message 15 of 18 (639 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue. App says it needs 9.40GB of space. I have 120GB+ free. 😑 

Message 16 of 18 (304 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I’m having this same problem. I’ve been playing for over 12 years and I want to download a picture of my town to print and frame. When I try to take a town portrait I get the message: “Not enough disk space - Cannot save image due to lack of storage space. Town Portrait requires at least 7.95GB free.” I have an iPhone 14 with over 50GB of free space. This is very frustrating. Pls help EA! 

Message 17 of 18 (175 Views)

★★ Novice

I have an iPhone 14 with over 50Gb of storage. I’m having this problem. A messsge comes up that says:

“Not enough disk space - Cannot save image due to lack of storage space. Town Portrait requires at least 7.95GB free.”

Message 18 of 18 (111 Views)