Re: CUSTOMER SUPPORT REFUSE TO HELP

by ardeecor

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I uninstalled and installed my game and after my previous progress loaded, the message from the tutorial was still there on the top of the screen. It still is there and it never goes away, even after reinstalling. It says, “now I see why this was listed as charming fixer upper”. It’s covering top of the screen. I have attached a screenshot. Is this issue solvable? 

Message 51 of 59 (1,298 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@FAizaTaf Hello-This issue was resolved about 2 years ago. I uninstalled The Sims for IOS and reinstalked it, thereby losing a bunch of beautiful trophies which EA did not seem to be able to replace.
The error message disappeared, but I soon quit playing that game entirely.
Message 52 of 59 (1,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@FAizaTaf Yes. 2 years ago.
Message 53 of 59 (1,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled and installed again multiple times. But the message is still there blocking the screen 😔

Message 54 of 59 (1,262 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello-I fixed this 2 years ago but do not remember how I did it.

What I do know is somehow the game still has the bug that makes it think you are still in tutorial mode.

I would suggest calling EA directly.

This is the  most recent number I used 2 weeks ago:

+1 (470) 632-6474

Message 55 of 59 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am having this exact same issue. I cannot get rid of the pop up message at the top left part of my screen. It's very frustrating & I have tried everything to get rid of it. 

Message 56 of 59 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Viljoen_SD I have the same issue. Since the last update, hopefully it fixes soon because it's so annoying. It also does something to the game that doesn't allow new packs/packs to show or be purchased.
Message 57 of 59 (1,042 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi-

This solution is from another player.

and I quote:

@asroundasaball 

I have now merged your post with an existing thread about this issue.

This message you get on your game is part of the makeover tutorial. You can try to finish this turorial by giving a makeover to a random NPC. It can be any of your non playable characters or a random townie that walks by your Sims' house. You might need to repeat the process several times with different kind of Sims. This usually works.

Another solution suggested by a player on this thread is to join someone else's party and finish the tutorial there. The pop up message should disappear.

(end quote)

Message 58 of 59 (3,656 Views)

Re: [Open] - Tutorial message from previous game partially covers screen

★★★★ Novice
@reezalashburn I have the same problem, is yours fixed??
Message 59 of 59 (850 Views)