by crinrict

Original Post

[V] [GTW] [ROM] Random Occult Sims Use Items Disabled For Random

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs, and SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create an occult sim in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? Occult sims use items that are normally disabled for randomization, including gameplay unlocks or unfinished items
What do you expect to see? Occult sims having access to the same items everyone else has
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When creating an Alien, Vampire, or Spellcaster in CAS, these sims will generate using items that normally are hidden in CAS or otherwise disabled from being used by randomization.

This also applies to generated occult forms created after CAS, like vampire dark forms.

Edit by Crinrict: Removed outdated tag.

Message 1 of 7 (1,153 Views)

Re: [NEEEDS INPUT] [V] [GTW] [IL] Random Occult Sims Use Items Disabled For Rand

Hero
@Bra1nBlast3d Does it also happen for mermaids ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,114 Views)

Re: [NEEEDS INPUT] [V] [GTW] [IL] Random Occult Sims Use Items Disabled For Rand

★★ Guide

I have not noticed this for mermaids yet.

Message 3 of 7 (1,094 Views)

missing gloves from CAS visible on character but not in selection menu

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? discover university expansion pack, get famous expansion pack, cats and dogs expansion pack, city living expansion pack, get together expansion pack, get to work expansion pack, realm of magic game pack, strangerville game pack, parenthood game pack, vampires game pack, outdoor retreat game pack, paranormal stuff pack, my first pet stuff pack, luxury party stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the save provided into the saves folder, start the game, open the save, open CAS, load the Blossom household, select the 'Rachel Blossom' Sim, select the cold outfit, navigate to the gloves category. Alternatively, randomly generate sims until an outfit with a glove that's not in CAS shows up on the Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a glove option visible on the sim that doesn't appear in the selection screen of CAS. There is also the option to remove it via the red x on the button for the gloves category, but it does not show any that are selected in the pane.
What do you expect to see? I expect to either see the glove available in the selection window or not have it appear on my sim which was randomly given it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the save provided in the linked Slot_00000004.save , I have a sim who has a glove type that's not in the list. I'm assuming this is a bug. I'm assuming the glove is supposed to appear in the list, but I can't seem to get it to show up. I have tried removing filters to show more options, but even with all filters removed, it still doesn't show up. I would like to ideally put the glove on my other sim, but since it doesn't show, I'd have to keep randomizing until it comes up and I don't want to have to do that. The gloves I'm referring to are on the Sim labeled 'Rachel Blossom' and it's only on the winter outfit. I'm assuming it's possible to still remove the gloves as there is a red x that appears when I hover over the gloves category button, but since I probably can't add it back, I am scared to try it. If I had to guess, I'd assume the DLC content for gloves is not working correctly in my game. I have used mods in the past, but the save in question has never been touched with mods enabled and I have had multiple updates since I last used mods, so I doubt that's the cause, but I figure it's worth mentioning in case that's the source of the issue.

Message 4 of 7 (739 Views)

Re: missing gloves from CAS visible on character but not in selection menu

[ Edited ]
Hero

@donoya90909 Without checking your save game, my guess is that it's the rock climbing gear. Did you equip that ? If so, just unequip it and it will be gone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Rock Climbing Gear was my first thought, too. It's probably not the Climbing Gear, though, if it only appears on the Cold Weather outfit. Climbing Gear appears on all outfits while equipped. 

I did look through all the glove options in my game and I didn't find any half gloves. The closest I could find was the bowling glove from Bowling Night but it only goes on one hand.

Message 6 of 7 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sketch793 Guess I'm testing the save then unless you already did.

EDIT: They are quite easy to remove so not climbing gear but I'm guessing they might be some locked item that got assigned.

Bild_2024-02-24_193708784.png

Yeah, seems to be some kind of unlock. Base game GlovesEF12Fingerless .. what is EF12 ?

EDIT: I found them. They are an unlock from the Style Influencer Career.

I know there's a bug report for these unlocks being assigned despite not being eligible for them but I can't find the thread rn (+ the bug is as old as the game so I don't have much hope of it ever getting fixed)

EDIT (again): Found another thread that seems appropriate as the Sim is a spellcaster. Not the thread I meant though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (691 Views)