[UNSUPPORTED] Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion

by LeeCoxall

Original Post

Re: Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion.

★★★ Newbie

I tried traits.remove_trait CommitmentIssues to no avail. Full edit mode, this cheat, changing traits. Nothing is working. 

Message 31 of 101 (6,169 Views)

★★ Guide
Testingcheats on needs to be activated first then put in the chest as traits.remove_trait CommitmentIssues exactly as shown. Try it again and see if it works. After you remove the trait you can substitute it for something else by doing traits.equip_trait cheerful or something else to that effect. The key is to type it in as shown. Testingcheats on must be activated first though for any major cheat to work. Hope that helps.
Message 32 of 101 (6,163 Views)

★★ Guide

This works great!  I have this issue too whenever I use a new sim from the gallery and change their traits to fit whatever scenario I am playing.  It's hard enough dealing with traits that one wants their sim to have but when old traits start complaining, it becomes a real pain.

Message 33 of 101 (6,141 Views)

★★ Guide
Glad that it could help. 😊
Message 34 of 101 (6,134 Views)

Sims 4- bored moodlet

★ Novice

Have been experiencing the same problem with a couple of my sims- my sim has been getting the bored moodlet (from not dancing) even though my sim doesn't have the 'dance machine' trait. It is even been so bad that its affecting her career because she never has a positive moodlet for work so she can't get a promotion and she doesn't want to do her daily task because she is already bored. I have read on a couple of forums that this might be due to downoading this sim from the Gallery who previously had the dance machine trait, however I changed these traits to ones that I wanted but it seems that game thinks it is. This has happened with a couple of sims that I have got from the Gallery.

Message 35 of 101 (5,815 Views)

Re: Sims 4- bored moodlet

Hero

Hi @danielleholyyy

merged your post with existing report.

It's a known bug that the whims/emotions are still influenced by the old traits if you change them through fulleditmode.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 101 (5,804 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, Thank you. I did try this before but I'm not certain that I'm putting the right trait (have been putting 'DanceMachine' but I'm not sure it is that one?

Message 37 of 101 (5,772 Views)

Hero

I've just tried that and DanceMachine seems to work.

I would try equipping it again (you may need to remove another one) and then remove it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 101 (5,868 Views)

★★ Guide
Try this. Go to cheat window put in testingcheats on, then cas.fulleditmode. Go into CAS remove trait substitute it for another. Save. Go back to cheat window re-enable testingcheats on. Then type traits.equip_trait carefree. This will stop your Sim from getting tense. Do traits.remove_trait dancemachine. Then lastly clear your buffs by going to sims.remove_buffs then put in sims.add_buff inspiredhigh. The new traits will then take effect. I did this with a non-commital sim I had and voila, he's a devoted family man with five kids. Good luck. Hope this helps, Crin. It's a little workaround until the main bug gets fixed.
Message 39 of 101 (5,863 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Changed Trait, Wrong Emotion

★★★ Newbie

That always happens to me too!

Sometimes I download a sim from the gallery while I'm creating a household. I change one/more of their traits (ex. Genius into Loves Outdoors) and they will still feel tense because they are not "mentally challenged" enough.  The moodlet says it's due to their Genius trait, even though the sim doesn't have that trait. I don't alter their traits using cheats, I just do before I move them in. Please fix this! 

Message 40 of 101 (5,852 Views)