[NEEDS SAVES] Tooltip indicates wrong object

by Keijra

Original Post

Re: Tooltip indicates wrong object

★★★★ Novice

Not only is there a bed identifying as a "Grape Vine," but one of the frog tanks is as well. I saved and quit to menu, and when I re-entered, it was a DIFFERENT frog tank identifying as a grape vine than it was before. I uprooted the actual grape vine (which had turned invisible), and the problem continues to exist.

Message 11 of 17 (334 Views)

Champion

I had one of these strange tool tips some days ago:

Tool tip.png

This golden hen definitely isn't a plasma fruit tree. 

Message 12 of 17 (296 Views)

Champion

I've had this happen recently on Xbox Series X but it stopped when I restarted my game. I was hovering the pointer over flower arrangements and paintings in shops and I was seeing the info for my Sim's double bed instead. Sometimes it was overlapping with the info for the item too.

I keep checking to see if it's going to do it again but nothing so far. As soon as I closed down my game and restarted my console it stopped.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 13 of 17 (284 Views)

Text for plants appearing on unrelated objects

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Batuu and a few kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a garden on a residential lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sometimes text for a plant like a rose bush for example may appear when hovering over a kitchen appliance.
What do you expect to see? Plant text to appear only when I am hovering over plants or interacting with plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 14 of 17 (254 Views)

Re: Text for plants appearing on unrelated objects

Message 15 of 17 (220 Views)

Champion

I got it happening again yesterday where the wild rabbit tree stump home was labelled as the Sixam Mosquito Trap.  It doesn't close down either, it freezes there.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 16 of 17 (194 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Just checking in to see if anyone is still seeing this on a modless game as we've been unable to reproduce it on our end.

If so please share your save file with us (instructions: http://x.ea.com/74420) so we can take a look.

Thanks!

solaire.png

Message 17 of 17 (97 Views)