by JeremyPack1973

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Time freezing & Resetting

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Update 2016-02-22

I'm going to close this thread.

Not because I think its fixed but because it has become an thread of multiple things

There's a new one here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Issues-with-time-Clock/td-p/5095254...

Please use that one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2015-10.21: Official Statement by SimGuruJanitor

UPDATE (by crinrict):

Issue

The game is freezing frequently. While the Sim is frozen, time goes on until it unfreezes and then resets itself to before the freezing occurred. It's most visible if you speed up your time

Steps to reproduce the issue

This issue is very hard to reproduce if you're not affected by it. If you are, you'll see it constantly. Even save games that have the issue, may not have it on a different computer.

Info about the issue

• It's not caused by Mods or Downloads although it might have something to do with certain houses
  • It occurs on many systems from lower specs to higher specs but High-End computer with really good specs are more often affected then lower or middle-class ones.
  • Most of the time, it will be fine if you start a fresh game or move your Sims to a new save game. After a while you will get it back though
  • The file size of your save game is not important
  • It's probably not just one cause that is responsible for this. It could be similar to the broken Alarm issue in Sims 3.

Things you can try

• Start a new game (completely shut down the game, then restart it and start a new save game)
  • Move your Sims to a new game
  • Empty out your Sims inventories (all households you have ever played)
  • If you over-clocked your computer, check how it goes if you revert that.
  • Once the freezing occurs, try saving your game (save as), go to your options and back or press M or to go to the world map and back
  • Lower Graphics settings
  • Go to the Audio settings and remove the check next to Enable Mood Sting

Information Needed

If you have this issue, it would be great if you could provide the following information:

• Basic Information about your computer (CPU, Operating System, Amount of RAM, Graphics Card, Hard Drive Space). This is not to blame your computer for the issue but to see what kinds of systems this issue is occurring on)
  • Video of the issue happening. Just upload to youtube and post the link in this thread. You don't need to list it
  • Please add the following files to a .rar or .zip archive and then upload them to a 1-click hosting service (e.g. dropbox). These files can all be found in the following folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ 
    After uploading, please post the link to the file in this thread.
    • lastException.txt (if it exists. If there is more than one, please include all of them.)
    • lastUIException.txt (if it exists. If there is more than one, please include all of them.)
    • Config.log
    • the entire saves folder

Original Post by @proffzetmedz below

Spoiler

When Im playing sims 4 and make fast speed Basketball sometimes its freezing for 7-12 sec. But they clock is still running and when its stop freezing the time is going back again to normal.. 

I click fastspeed (nr.3)  and when its "freezing" my players get stucks and only doing that they do atm, so if they are reading a book, they are reading it all time long until the "freezing" get away. Example.. I click fastspeed 3

clock is 2 PM and my player is pee and then its freezing but the clock is running maybe to 4pm sometimes 5pm (irl secs it is 7-12sec ) and my player is still pee.. I can move everything but i cant do anything with my players, but after 7-12sec the time going back to 2PM and i can play again..

Its happen many times and its really annoying...

Please fix this FAST..

(Im bad english, sry ) from sweden..

Message 11 of 478 (123,553 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Time freezing & Resetting

Hero

I'm going to close this thread.

Not because I think its fixed but because it has become an thread of multiple things that all need addressing separately.

I have opened this thread a while ago: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Performance-Issues-Compiled-List-of-Threads/m-p/5095... and I would ask everyone that is still plagued by either of those issues, to open their own thread in the general section of the forum.

Please provide the info asked in the appropriate posts in your own thread and I will then add your thread to that list.

It's way easier to keep up with the individual progress this way as these issues probably don't have one cause as such but are a problem of multiple things. 

I think it's a better way to get the info that the devs need to address these problems.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 478 of 478 (76,512 Views)

All Replies

"Elastic" Time/Sims Stuck in Loop

★★★★ Novice

Frequently though the game (I've noticed this most often during moodlet expirations and skill level ups) sims will get stuck in a single animation for several in-game hours. The clock will continue to run in the game, and you cannot change the speed of time. You also cannot click on any objects to call up the action menus. After the "processing" finishes (I'm guessing that's what it is), the time will snap back to when the sim got stuck and the time changes can be made again, and action menus begin functioning again.

During one of these freezes, I checked my system performance-- processor was at 47% and memory was at 50%, so it wasn't an issue of a lack of resources. The game has also run very smoothly on my system other than these hiccups, so I do not believe it has to do with my equipment (I've got a core i7 with 24gb of RAM).

Please let me know if any other details are required.

Message 1 of 478 (122,027 Views)

Re: "Elastic" Time/Sims Stuck in Loop

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added

I do think this issue is the same: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/BUG-Time-freezing/td-p/3806607 but not 100% certain so I'll leave it as two threads for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 478 (122,011 Views)

★ Novice

Having same issue. It's making the game unplayable. Please fix this soon or I'm just going to refund it,

Message 3 of 478 (121,980 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 478 (121,974 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue. Only commenting so they know this isn't just 2 people. I have an 8 core processor so its not a lack of resources.

Message 5 of 478 (121,947 Views)

Hero

You should hit the me too button Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 478 (121,944 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem.

It's really disappointing, it makes the game unbearable, happens to me every 2 or 3 minutes...
And same as the others, I have got a racing machine as a computer, it's not coming from the PC.

I hope that EA is going to fix the problem soon.

Message 7 of 478 (121,925 Views)

Sims get stuck, time loops backward

★★★ Newbie
I have begun to experience a strange issue where my Sims will become stuck in an idle loop (despite actions being queued for them to perform.) Time continues to advance for a while and will roll backward after a while. Some specifics:

- During the stuck stage, you cannot change the speed of the simulation. You can click the buttons but the speed does not change.

-It always stays stuck for 3 or 4 Sim hours and then loops back (presumably) to when the issue started.

-Seems to coincide with a moodlet activation, gardening, and visitors showing up on the lot.

Is there a cache I can clear or something? This has only started happening recently on a save I've been playing for a long time.

Thank you!
Message 8 of 478 (121,911 Views)

Re: Sims get stuck, time loops backward

Hero

@JeremyPack1973 Merged your thread with an existing bug report. I don't know what's going on but hopefully EA can fix this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 478 (121,905 Views)