Re: Sweet Treat Challenge bake off start button unresponsive

by givememore86

Original Post

Sweet Treat Challenge bake off start button unresponsive

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Sims Mobile
OS Version 13.2.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Electrosocket44
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Sweet Treat menu.
What do you expect to see? The sweet treat challenge (bake off) button doesn’t work.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback It would be great if you guys would extend the event or give the event rewards to those of us dealing with this glitch bc it really sucks missing out on new items.

When you select “Start” on the Sweet Treat Challenge (the bake-off at Parkside) Nothing happens and the button just bounces as you press it. You are stuck in the menu instead of being taken to Parkside. When I go to Parkside manually, there is no option to start the event, with no other bakers there.

It’s clearly a glitch. I’ve tried every step suggested at the EA website, updating the game and my device, restarting, adding another sim to the event, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. NOTHING WORKS. It’s extremely frustrating bc I have missed out on the Halloween challenge rewards, and now this new one is messed up as well.

I’ve attached a picture of Parkside, you can see there is no cupcake button to start the event and no other bakers.

I’ve also attached a screen record of me clicking the start button, and nothing happening.

Message 1 of 42 (3,739 Views)

★★★ Pro
@electrosocket44 Question: did you do any bake offs during this event?
Message 2 of 42 (3,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@electrosocket44 

Another question in addition to what @givememore86 already has asked:

Have you already tried to start bake-offs with each one of your 4 playable Sims?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 3 of 42 (3,685 Views)

★★★ Novice
@givememore86 Not during this latest event, no. The glitch started happening during the middle of the Halloween challenge last month, where one of my sims got stuck in the challenge. I was finally able to retire that sim, but now the issue has morphed into the start button not working.
Message 4 of 42 (3,637 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SalixCat Yes! I tried starting the bake off with each one of my sims.
Message 5 of 42 (3,625 Views)

Hero
@electrosocket44 more questions for you:

1. Were you able to start Halloween challenges last month after you retired a Sim?

2. Could you please retire a Sim now and then try to start a bake-off with the new created/promoted Sim?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 42 (3,608 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was NOT able to do the Halloween bake off after retiring the sim that was stuck in the event.

I just retired all my sims, and started fresh with new ones, and I am still unable to start the bake off challenge. (I’ve tried starting it with each new sim).

Message 7 of 42 (3,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@electrosocket44 Can you share with us your Player id? 

Here are the instructions on how to find it. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile/

With it, we can investigate further into your game.

Edit: Can you check if any of your sims have a pink plumbob?

Message 8 of 42 (3,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve attached my player I’d in a screenshot.

Also, my players only have pink plumbobs when they’re in an event. I’ve attached a photo of my player at Parkside with a green plumbob, and still no option to start the bake off. I appreciate your help.

Message 9 of 42 (3,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the exact same problem. Only difference is I’m playing on iPhone 8. Hope this can get fixed!

Message 10 of 42 (3,490 Views)