Sulani sea & open water broken, crashes game

by LibertyTheFree

Original Post

Sulani sea & open water broken, crashes game

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP01-11; FP01; GP01-3, GP05-1; SP02, SP03, SP05, SP08-11, SP13, SP16, SP17, SP35
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to interact with any open water areas ie. Sulani, parts of Mt. Komorebi, parts of Hanford on Bagley.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims can't cross any of these water bodies. Unable to enter them by any means. They could, however, wade but nothing more than that. Pools work as normal. If you load a save with sims swimming in any of those open waters the game simply crashes.
What do you expect to see? Open water bodies to work as before they were broken...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims can't cross any of these water bodies. Unable to enter them by any means. They could, however, wade but nothing more than that. Pools work as normal.

Should you load a save with sims swimming in any of those open waters the game simply crashes.

Message 1 of 4 (684 Views)

Re: Sulani sea & open water broken, crashes game

Hero
@LibertyTheFree Working fine for me. Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods/cc ? Could also be a mac issue though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (673 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi, thanks for your quick reply... I'll try that. It's good to hear it works for you by the way.
Message 3 of 4 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately no, learning that cache did not address the issue. I also tried the following but they didn't help, either.

- Repairing the game through Origin

- Starting a new game

I attached a few pairs of Last exception and Last crash logs just in case that may help. On a side note you could use travel on maps to remove stuck sims... but they are marooned now...

Edit: AHQ won't accept the logs for some reason, though one of the exception logs has some 580 "swim" match and about 1,000 "posture".

Message 4 of 4 (649 Views)