Sims Refusing to Pick Up a Serving or Eat Leftovers.

by owkwokf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Refusing to Pick Up a Serving or Eat Leftovers.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? For Rent, Growing Together, Highschool Years, Snowy Escape, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Fitness, Vintage Glamor, Backyard, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Anytime a child or a sim is routed to get leftovers or pick up a serving. (Majority of the time occurs with children)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are routed to get leftovers or a serving of food and automatically reset themselves.
What do you expect to see? Sims getting leftovers or a serving of food without issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought 'Highschool Years' along with 'For Rent' on February 16th. Originally the problem was avoidable by restarting the game but that has stopped working.

It is now impossible to play in my save. Please help! 

Message 1 of 6 (737 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Refusing to Pick Up a Serving or Eat Leftovers.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@owkwokf Do you have any LastException files in your documents folder ?

Best is to delete the ones you have, then trigger the error and check if new ones are created.

If that is the case, please upload

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

Deleting the file won't fix your issue. Uploading the file is meant for troubleshooting.

Could you try deleting everything you have in the fridge and see if new left-overs work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (676 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@owkwokf Do you have any LastException files in your documents folder ?

Best is to delete the ones you have, then trigger the error and check if new ones are created.

If that is the case, please upload

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

Deleting the file won't fix your issue. Uploading the file is meant for troubleshooting.

Could you try deleting everything you have in the fridge and see if new left-overs work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (677 Views)

★★ Novice

New left-overs work, I think deleting old Last-Exception files fixed the problem along with old food. Can you review the Last-Exception file anyway so I know what truly caused the problem? 

It is attached in the link below.. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k5Bq96cm1ehQKtuHPpII7nD59YkfNu0G/view?usp=sharing 

Thank you! 

Message 3 of 6 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@owkwokf Looks like something wrong with the food and a simoleon Multiplier.

Did you ever have any food cc in ?

Looks like the same issue as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mod-CC-Issues/Sims-Can-t-Get-Leftovers-Corrupted-Meal-in-Fridge/m-p/124947...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (640 Views)

★★ Novice

I used to have custom food cc but never in this save.. thank you for fixing it! 

Message 5 of 6 (627 Views)

Hero
@owkwokf It's the thing I would suspect first but maybe something else corrupted the food.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (582 Views)