by nnonva

Original Post

[PSP] Paranormal investigator rewards not owned by sim

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, including kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Join the paranormal investigator career and complete a handful of gigs in person, bringing back either a "Hello Dahlia" doll or a "Display only clay hands" 2. Place your reward in your home lot 4. Click on the reward, bringing up the actions menu for it
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Put item in inventory" option will be grayed out, an info box claiming that the sim "does not own this item". However, you can still drag the item around, and even succesfully drag it into the sim's inventory
What do you expect to see? The reward should not have the "Put item in inventory" option grayed out, let alone be considered not owned
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Note that rewards obtained by appeasing to a spirit (eg: soul scrap, specter sips, candy jars, bizarre idols) are NOT affected by this bug. Neither is the strange overgrowth reward, as it has no action menu and cant be dragged into the inventory (presumably intentional, as it shows up in the household inventory rather than the sim's when obtained).

Edit: I've just obtained my first specter jar, which is apparently NOT affected by the bug, so I guess it's just the clay hands and Dahlia dolls, rather than all paranormal investigator gig completion rewards. I've updated the bug report accordingly.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 1 (281 Views)