by _awkwardlezbean

Original Post

[PS5] [MWS] Hair style clipping

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 21.12
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, kids etc
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By using the hairstyle in the photo and there are a few others that are doing it too.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hair clips through the skin of my sims head. See photo attached
What do you expect to see? I shouldn’t see skin through the hair
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See photo attached 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,715 Views)

Re: Certain Hairstyles Clipping

[ Edited ]
Hero

@_awkwardlezbean Could you please list (or post pictures for all assets you have issues with ?

Do you have issues with any Sim with that hairstyle or does it depend on the shape of the head ? Does it look ok in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,688 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I can’t remember what other hairstyles did but. It didnt come out like that in CAS I don’t think but I’m not sure. I noticed it happened in a child sim and an adult sim. I’m not sure about the head shape, I didn’t even know I could adjust the head size. I’m also pretty sure that the other hairstyles that did this were the longer ones. Or ones with bangs
Message 3 of 10 (1,678 Views)

Hero
@_awkwardlezbean It looks fine in my game on PC so would be good if you could test another Sim to see if that has the same issue.

Could be a console issue though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,676 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Oh like I said, it did happen on another sim too. It might be a console issue though. Or maybe something on my end.
Message 5 of 10 (1,653 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@_awkwardlezbean Is it only with the hat on as hats change the hair mesh?
Message 6 of 10 (1,643 Views)

Hero
@_awkwardlezbean Would you mind uploading the Sim you see it on to the gallery, just to help narrow it down.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,622 Views)

★ Guide

I’m sorry, I’m just seeing this now. For some reason I’m not getting notifications. The sim I was using where I had this issue got deleted by accident (Im devastated lol) it was a child sim, and seemed to just be that one hairstyle in wedding stories. The one where it comes in a style with the mesh hat and a version without it. Like in this photo 

Message 8 of 10 (1,178 Views)

★ Guide

Nope, it seems to just be this hairstyle in the wedding pack. The one that can either be with or without that wedding veil mesh hat. It’s the style without the veil) hadn’t tried it with that one. But here’s another photo 

Message 9 of 10 (1,177 Views)

Hero
@_awkwardlezbean So you have it on every Sim you try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,142 Views)