by SociopathicBee

Original Post

[PS4/XB1] Sims Showing as off-lot while at home

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A. Bug just occurred to me today.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims' icons are grayed out and says that they're "At Home" and has the home interactions, but they aren't at the current lot nor am I able to select anything on the lot.
What do you expect to see? My Sims back in the household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe it was just this recent one, Version 1.15

N/A

Message 1 of 20 (2,222 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims Showing as off-lot while at home

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @

this is a known bug for PC too.

Here's the PC thread. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sims-Showing-as-off-lot-while-at-home/m-p/7181756

Unfortunately there's no workaround.

Thanks for making a thread for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (2,190 Views)

[OPEN] Sims Showing as off-lot while at home

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? See screenshot
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See screenshot
What happens when the bug occurs? See screenshot
What do you expect to see? See screenshot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, dining out, kitchen stuff, spa day, seasons, city living, jungle adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For new families every time I load the game with them already moved into a household, the characters are greyed out and showing at home in self care mode but not on lot. Restart does not fix.
What happens when the bug occurs? For new families every time I load the game with them already moved into a household, the characters are greyed out and showing at home in self care mode but not on lot. Restart does not fix.
What do you expect to see? Families loaded
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 3 of 20 (2,167 Views)

Game shows my sims are at home but are unplayable

★★ Apprentice

I don't know if it's because I'm playing on console but  whenever I go into CAS or Manage Worlds I always come back and it shows that my sims are at home but their icon is grey and I can't play as them. Ex: If I hover my mouse over on the sims' icon it shows their name and At Home but their icon is grey and they're not on the lot.

Message 4 of 20 (2,126 Views)

Re: Game shows my sims are at home but are unplayable

Hero

Hi @JrMalungo 

I merged your post with existing bug thread.

Are you playing any active careers with those Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (2,099 Views)

Re: Game shows my sims are at home but are unplayable

★★ Apprentice

Yes, I do but this problem also occured way before I even signed that sim up for an active career. It also happened with a previous family and none of them had any careers.

Message 6 of 20 (2,073 Views)

Re: Sims stuck in "Take care of self" mode while on home lot after las

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I hadn’t played in over a month, then updated and installed get famous
I made a brand new sim by himself, (a vampire)  started building on the empty lot in the get famous world
I started building the house , furnished a little & made him join the acting career, this bug happened way before he even left for work and I hadn’t traveled but i think once to the neighbors across the street
Went back home, saved , then later loaded it and my one sim was greyed out
Living alone
I tested numerous things, I evicted him and moved him back in, this apparently reset his skills , career ect
I also tried loading into just a premade household like one of the celebrity houses with that one celebrity sim , i tested saving there with that sim & loaded it again & there was the bug too
I have since made a new test save and put the same sim i made into a premade house in the cats & dogs world
Edited the house a bit, put him in the acting career, saved, went in & out of CAS
So far no bug

Platform: xbox one
Which language are you playing the game in?
English
How often does the bug occur?
Whenever i save and load on certain worlds/families/lots
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, patio stuff, dine out, Cool Kitchen Stuff, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try building on a blank lot in del sol valley for example and put a fresh new sim in the lot and possibly join acting career and save,load it back & it’s there sometimes
What happens when the bug occurs?
My sim is gone, icon says fine and his photo is grey, can’t travel, Can’t use the phone and nothing is clickable
What do you expect to see?
My Sims and be able to click on things to make actions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.
Updated to recent patch that came out with Get Famous 

Message 7 of 20 (2,030 Views)

Hero

HI @Ninjahawkz 

moved your post over to the console thread for this.

Do you play rotationally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (1,998 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Actually I mostly just have one save for each family, so I don’t really play rotationally at the moment 

Message 9 of 20 (1,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Were you playing any active careers before you put him in the acting career ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (1,953 Views)