[PROBABLY NOT BUG] [PSP] Guidry not manifesting!

by Chickpea14

Original Post

Re: Guidry not manifesting!

Champion (Retired)

@Chickpea14 

You need to change the lot type to "Haunted House Residential". Whether or not you also choose the Spooky trait is up to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 30 (4,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Thank you! I think the original one was listed that way, but I will double check! I can also try placing it again to replace the original one.
Message 12 of 30 (4,152 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was in the old save for 8 days. Guidry never visited any haunted house.

On the new save, I have no issues.  I wish I could say why the game I've been playing for a year wont allow the paranormal pack to function. 

I was in my own haunted house for both saves. 

Message 13 of 30 (4,141 Views)

Hero
@yagwit Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 30 (4,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

With both Guidry and Bonehilda, when they manifest they are both not what they're meant to look like. Bonehilda appears as a character I have in my gallery (with CC) and Guidry appears as a female with a moustache in female clothes. I don't know how to fix it!!

edit: i tried to edit them both in CAS and they are named after completely different sims but in live mode have their normal character names.

Message 15 of 30 (4,119 Views)

Hero
@daisymgrimes That's probably caused by a mod. MCCC Population run dresser or tray settings.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 30 (4,110 Views)

Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack- No Guidry, Helping Hand Unresponsive

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Guidry doesn't show up at the Haunted House Lot in New Crest. You can't summon him on a non-haunted house lot using a séance table. The Helping Hand item is unresponsive. The options are grayed out.
What happens when the bug occurs? Guidry doesn't show up at the Haunted House Lot in New Crest. You can't summon him on a non-haunted house lot using a séance table. The Helping Hand item is unresponsive. The options are grayed out.
What do you expect to see? For Guidry to visit the Haunted House Lot. To be appear when summoned. For the helping hand item to be responsive.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It's been more than the second night and still no Guidry. The lot type is set to Haunted House Residential. I read the Helping Hand has the ability to disable and enable his visits. Any Helping Hand I place on the lot is unresponsive. I've tried debugging the item to no avail. I also read that Guidry may be summoned from a Non-Haunted House Residential lot using the séance table. This hasn't worked either. 

Message 17 of 30 (4,089 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack- No Guidry, Helping Hand Unresponsive

Champion (Retired)

@ZanyGio 

The helping hand can disable and reenable visits from Guidry but can not summon him.

Is the clock past 9:00 PM when you try using these objects?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 18 of 30 (4,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes it past 9:30 pm in the game and no sign of Guidry, nor is the helping hand responsive. I even started a new game after reading someone else's thread on this exact subject and it's still not working. Disappointed

Message 19 of 30 (4,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was able to fix mine! My haunted house that came with the pack was listed as residential and not haunted residential. Once I switched that Guidry showed up on the second night like he was supposed to. 

Thanks for all the help!

Message 20 of 30 (3,990 Views)