Re: [PROBABLY MOO RELATED] Sims prepare Food Inside Microwave/Counter Appliances

by Musealie

Original Post

[PROBABLY MOO RELATED] Sims prepare Food Inside Microwave/Counter Appliances

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Prepare food. This has also happened with other counter appliances such as the ice cream machine. They haven't been placed down using move objects on and it's not ever been enabled in my game when placing down the appliance or the counter.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim loves to prepare food inside a microwave or other counters with appliances. No mods or cc tested, repair game tested, new save tested, bug remains. Move objects cheat has not been used to place or move anything. Sim would keep preparing food inside microwave. I've moved microwave to another counter, and the sim will actually GO OVER TO THAT COUNTER WITH THE MICROWAVE, TO PREPARE FOOD. Whatever counter has the microwave on it, the sim will go to that to prepare the food. Doesn't always happen every time.
What do you expect to see? Sims not prepare food inside the microwave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://youtu.be/mdOWjJaSbPU

Message 1 of 9 (2,757 Views)

Re: Sims Love Preparing Food Inside Microwave/ Other Counter Appliances (Video)

★ Apprentice

I have also had this problem, but for a couple of months.  Didn't bother reporting because the sims recognize and can use the appliance even though they are preparing food inside of it.  In one of my houses, my sims always use the counter with the tea maker even though they have other options.

Message 2 of 9 (2,677 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yep, I've definitely been having this problem as well. My Sims often prepare food inside the microwave or over the sink, even when there's other counter space available.

Message 3 of 9 (2,671 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @wobibobi

Could you share the save file with the lot that is causing you this problems? Instructions here. 

Thank you very much! :D

Message 4 of 9 (2,506 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this and could share their save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,446 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims prepare Food Inside Microwave/ Other Counter Appliances

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've had this problem for AGES but I've always blamed it on a mod that makes MoveObjects always on
Huh. Glad to know it isn't my fault
Message 6 of 9 (2,416 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims prepare Food Inside Microwave/ Other Counter Appliances

Hero
It very well could be related to moo.

If you have it without the cheats, it would be good to have your save as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,412 Views)

Re: [PROBABLY MOO RELATED] Sims prepare Food Inside Microwave/Counter Appliances

★★★ Novice
@crinrictbigbrainplays In my case I experienced this with a 'Bread Box of Holding' as well as with a microwave. Both in premade houses, in which said objects were placed with the Move Objects command. In the end, what worked for me was replacing the object with a new one. It seemed as if the previous object had become sort of like an empty decorative shell (in which things/or the sim would go through as if it weren't there) rather than a solid workable object.
Message 8 of 9 (2,205 Views)

★ Apprentice
@wobibobi My sims aren’t preparing the food on the same counter as the microwave, but they are putting the meal down on the same counter as the microwave.
Message 9 of 9 (692 Views)