[PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Forum Feedback

Hero

I've noticed that some of you have started to fill out the form questions although they already fill out the form, making the form looking duplicated when it's in fact not.

Unfortunately this confuses AHQ and next time you edit, you do end up with another dupliate post making them more and more.

Please ONLY fill out the form when you are not prompted anyways and just write something more info in the compose field or put a few dots if you have nothing else to add.

It also makes the post hard to read.

Thanks all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 138 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Updated the compiled list and mod list again.

As things are slowing down already, I will return to my regular update circle unless things change again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 138 (646 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

An idea is that there could be a post for the laundry list that maxis releases in.tje complied list of reported issues, just a idea.

Message 113 of 138 (529 Views)

Hero
@gooochyeee You mean on top of the sticky post or instead ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 114 of 138 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I dont really mind where you put it, either on the first post or another new post but it would be nice
Message 115 of 138 (521 Views)

Hero
@gooochyeee There's a sticky post made by EA so it would be kind of twice the same thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 116 of 138 (513 Views)

How do I report a bug

★★★ Novice

How on earth do I report a bug in my game?  I just keep getting sent back to this page!

Message 117 of 138 (543 Views)

Re: How do I report a bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hi! Welcome! This is the right place to report bugs. The automatic form doesn't always appear.

What you can do is copy and paste this into a new topic, and fill out all the information:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

This information is really helpful to the devs who read the bug forum.

On PC, your game version file is in a text file where your game saves folder is.I don't know where it can be found on other platforms.

What I often try to do is try to see if there's a thread with my bug already started, and then I read that and add my bug report to it. Edit: I use the search bar at the top of the page to find topics.

You don't have to do that tho, this forum is well modded and if there's an existing thread your report will be moved to it. There's also posts pinned to the top of the forum which have a lot of useful information. I hope this helps you out.

Message 118 of 138 (531 Views)

Hero
@hannahv1204 What do you mean by you keep getting sent back to this page ? You are in the correct space to report the bug. Are you not being prompted for the bug template ?

(I merged this with the thread on questions about the bug forum).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 119 of 138 (460 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't been prompted for a template - isn't there a form we can fill out?  I used to be able to open a case with EA.

Message 120 of 138 (447 Views)