Passive sim is busy

by t47euqf

Original Post

Re: Passive sim busy

Hero
@1004697129611 Is your sim still playing the piano? Unfortunately I don’t have a solution for you, I just have a recollection of some comment (here or elsewhere) that moving the sim to another house helped but maybe it depends on which hobby/event the sim got stuck. 🤔

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 51 of 196 (2,048 Views)

Re: Passive sim busy

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately he is still playing the piano. Moving him to another house didn’t help, so he got retired through marriage and then I removed him from the house. He is no longer on the family photo but he is still haunting the new family’s house 😡 

Message 52 of 196 (2,031 Views)

Passive sim is busy

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version iOS 15.1
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? One passive sim will not be able to be promoted to active, because the game will say the sim is in an event. When in fact they are not and will not show a way to remove or have sim complete the event they are stuck in.
What do you expect to see? One of my sims is passive and cannot be promoted to active because the game says she is in another event and doesn’t show a way for me to excuse her from whatever event she is stuck in. I have tried moving her to another plot or having an active sim interact with her and she remains passive.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region
Country

I have made another sim passive and they are able to be made active again, it is just somehow her who can’t be made active again. Please contact me for my player information and fix this bug if at all possible, thanks. 

Message 53 of 196 (2,042 Views)

Re: Passive sim is busy

Hero
@Sheer_Happiness Hi, unfortunately this issue is affecting several players at the moment and no fix yet: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Passive-Sims-are-quot-busy-quot-stuck-in-events/td-p/1048...

As a workaround some players have decided to remove the sim from the household and then found them from city/other lots and started new relationship to get the sim back to household by marrying them.

Message 54 of 196 (2,003 Views)

Hero
@t47euqf Hi, I merged your post to previous thread, unfortunately no fix yet but let’s be hopeful for a speedy fix.

Message 55 of 196 (1,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here. One of my passive sim stucked. Couldn't make playable. 

Message 56 of 196 (1,899 Views)

Re: Passive Sims who are always too busy to operate and the missing Sims.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@sanch_36_todo This has been a ongoing bug that has struck players at random. So sorry to hear what this bug has done in your game to your 5 sim family members. It is very frustrating and upsetting!! And now those affected sims have disappeared!?!?! How disheartening! 😞

this happened in my game too but with two different sims from different families. I should check to see if they are still around or not/disappeared too. I’m too worried to put my other sims on passive for them to somehow get stuck in a event. 

one thing I did notice before putting those sims on passive is that I had them in events but they somehow seemed to finish way earlier than usual. I wanted to make those two sims passive so I can put one of my active sim’s fiancée to active to get them married and have this huge wedding.

So I got distracted by wanting to plan this wedding and it was the first time I had encountered a issue of a event being finished early(example I gave my Sim a task that would take two hours to complete. But when I log back in 20 minutes after first assigning the task to then help my Sim in the event, they have a pink checkmark over their head saying they are done with the event and I receive rewards  from the event being completed.).

I did not think much of this problem occurring and since my Sims finished with the event that I was waiting for them to finish I put them on passive and now they are somehow busy but doing nothing, since it seems that they were completely finished with that event and I could start them on a new event if I want it to, I seriously thought they were finished. But since I wanted to do the wedding for my other  Sims I put them on passive and now they’re stuck. 

maybe the sim having an issue with mysteriously completing a event very early has something to do with if they will be stuck on ‘busy’ when making them passive? there could be a possible connection 🤔

i’ve had my other sims  that are now playable have issues with mysteriously completing a event much earlier. But somehow one out of my four Sims will still be working on a task in the event that I gave them each to do(example I assign all of my Sims to do a two hour task either at work or for a hobby), this is very fortunate and allows me to see how much time is really left. Other players have told me to close the game and log back in but it does not stop this problem from happening again to those Sims at a another random time. Sometimes when I log right back in after closing it they will have a check over their head again saying they are done early. 

so I just wait until it’s the proper time and after I accept at the proper time they are actually finished and press the checkmark, actually wait extra time just in case and close the game and login a few more times. just to make sure the assigned tasks don’t overlap on the playable Sims. i’m not sure how much any of this helps in the game.

i’m currently waiting to play out my current Sims stories before attempting to make them passive again in case they get stuck somehow at least they will have played their life to a point that I completed everything that I mostly wanted to do with them. 

Message 57 of 196 (1,875 Views)

Re: Passive Sims who are always too busy to operate and the missing Sims.

★★ Novice

@timarisunflower 

Thank you for being there for my upset heart😢.
Thank you for your detailed comments on a similar situation.
My English is not very good and I couldn't search well, so it was very helpful to have EA side bring me to this thread.
It's good to know that you and many others are suffering from a similar situation.

I didn't realize the event was ending so early! Thinking about it, I might have 🤔

surely this bug is caused by the fact that you haven't finished the event yet, but it's supposed to be finished.
I shut down the game without letting my Sims participate in any of the events once I had finished them, and after a few minutes I realized and restarted the game. When I restarted the game, I noticed that the Sims that should have finished the event had pink checkmarks on them again, and for some reason they completed their shift in the Eco Workshop. It seems that I was able to complete an event that I had not finished due to a task kill.

I am still scared of this bug and have not switched sims at all.
It is very sad that Sim has disappeared and his girlfriend Sim sleeps alone every night and looks very lonely.
The loss of conversation is the same thing that shakes the very foundation of the game.
This game is supposed to be about Sims interacting with each other and partying with each other.
We all want to give our Sims back the interaction they had before, don't we?

In my case, the only thing that helps is that the Sim that disappeared is still in my household portrait. He doesn't seem to have disappeared completely, so I hope he will come back someday. Hopefully by the next update, the glitches that occur when ending events and switching sims will be fixed.
Thanks for the reply 😊♡

Message 58 of 196 (1,826 Views)

Re: [Open] - Passive Sims are "busy", stuck in events

★★★ Newbie

My sims is stuck I can’t play with it at all or switch out. My player just stand there no interaction. Also I can’t level up to finish any events it’s stuck on 9. I’ve deleted the app and downloaded it again and nothing. I don’t see the icon on the left hand corner where you purchase new items with real money. Not sure what to do can anyone help 

Message 59 of 196 (1,726 Views)

Re: [Open] - Passive Sims are "busy", stuck in events

★★★ Newbie

My sim either were in passive and I can’t promote him as he stuck with busy even before passive , he was so free from any activities. That sims is my favorite one which I really can’t remove him out of the list . Please kindly help me with this issue please 

ID : 1003443878936 

Message 60 of 196 (1,705 Views)