by Donny3996

Original Post

[OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Crashing when Traveling

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? GPO5: 1.assest.live-gp05.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything except toddlers stuff, tiny living stuff and the magic pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By traveling
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime I load up the game if I make my main household visit a location from the map it loads fine but once I send them home and they get invited out or i try to travel again the game will crash. If I load straight into my main household and travel from home the game will automatically crash.
What do you expect to see? The game should load without crashing when attempting to travel place to place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Probably 3 patches ago the game started doing it and the last patch we only fixed the crashing in build mode 😭 It just crashes when trying to travel any type of way

(CM: Edited ALL CAPS from thread title)

Edit By Crinrict: Filled in form from answers given

Message 1 of 24 (4,850 Views)

Re: Crashing when Traveling

★★★ Newbie

I wish someone would respond that can help.  Mine does this periodically on the PC game.  It's super annoying.

Message 2 of 24 (4,737 Views)

Hero
@ajapurple Do you also have an XB1 or is it purely on PC ? This thread is for XB1 as crashes are different on console then PC.

If you only play on PC, please create a new thread in the tech forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4 posting your DxDiag and explain in detail what you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (4,728 Views)

Game keeps crashing when traveling

★★★★ Apprentice

I play on Xbox, and I don’t know why, but every time I travel somewhere, the game quits and I don’t know why. It’s getting to the point where I do not want to play anymore. Sometimes the load bar will fill all the way up and then it will crash

Message 4 of 24 (4,627 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I didn’t start a new thread although I haven’t seen an answer or activity on this thread for a long time. I’m recently having this problem. Particularly it seems to happen when traveling back a Sim’s home. The game will crash to black screen, then XBox Home Screen. Upon reboot it seems to have auto saved shortly before the crash (so far anyway). I’m not losing game progress, but it sure is annoying given how long the game takes to load/reload at startup.
Message 5 of 24 (4,575 Views)

Hero
@nickinbigd If you're on XB this thread is fine. Above user is on PC in which case they need to make their own thread as PC and console are completely different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (4,548 Views)

Re: Game keeps crashing when traveling

Hero (Retired)

@xpinksims I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

This seems to have recently started becoming an issue again after it was fixed. Please make sure your game and console are completely up to date.

Message 7 of 24 (4,525 Views)

Re: [XB1] Crashing when Traveling

[ Edited ]
Champion

I play on pc not xbox but i had this once with lot that had routing fail (blocked stairs) and once i unblocked them the game doesn't crash anymore at travel in or out of lot

so my best guess is something could be blocked on your main familys lot or maybe it could be connected to routing fails that seem to have increased lately

but if every lot to every lot crashes all the same then yeah idk

Message 8 of 24 (4,482 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1] Crashing when Traveling

★ Apprentice

#MeToo. On Ps4/no mods. And when I load households as well from manage world, i'm starting to get disgusted by the sheer amount of bugs...loooooads of them. Pun intended. Can't wait for paralives to come out. I've stopped buying new packs/kits etc.

Message 9 of 24 (4,310 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1] Crashing when Traveling

★ Guide

I’m on XB. This had not been a problem for a long time but has returned suddenly and is happening with frequency again 

Message 10 of 24 (3,771 Views)