[OPEN] Write Song / Book / Lyrics Loses Progress

by JonaO703

Original Post

Cannot Resume Write Song - Violin

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Console SDX 12.0
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Dine out, City Living, Seasons, Jungle adventure, Pets, cool kitchen, spa day, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim reach level 7 or 8 in violin skill. Have sim start writing a song. Have a sim stop to do things like eat, sleep, work, etc. Try to resume writing song, it starts over from the beginning.
What happens when the bug occurs? It takes 8 or so sim hours to write a song. The issue is that when a sim starts, they aren’t able to stop to take care of their personal needs until the song is 100% completed. There is no resume writing song option.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the resume writing option.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/a

Message 21 of 104 (1,594 Views)

Re: Cannot Resume Write Song - Violin

★★★★★ Pro

The option to resume writing is on the sheet music, not the violin. You need to look for the song in your inventory to continue writing the same song. That will give you time to eat, sleep, work, and do other things as long as you stay on the same lot. Unfortunately, leaving the lot may cause your progress to actually reset to zero.

Message 22 of 104 (1,572 Views)

Re: Cannot Resume Write Song - Violin

★★★★ Guide
@Sketch793 Yes thank you. I just found, had forgotten it was there.
Message 23 of 104 (1,564 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Write Song / Book / Lyrics Loses Progress

★ Guide

Having this issue with writing lyrics, and seems to happen even without traveling, though I haven't tested it too much. Haven't tried with any other song writing. 

Message 24 of 104 (1,495 Views)

★ Pro

My experience with the "Resume" writing (song/book/lyrics) is that it's the "Progress Bar" (Progress Circle?) that's broken not the actual writing of the book, etc. If I just ignore the "progress" the activity gets finished. Songs and lyrics do take a long time to finish. Longer than books. That seems to be the way they were designed.

It's helps if you don't stack actions, especially on the computer, to happed before the "Resume." Once your Sims has started the "Resume," you can add other actions. 

There is also a related glitch that causes the "Resume Progress" action to get stuck in the queue even after the action has been canceled or finished. It doesn't effect anything, it's just stuck visually.

Message 25 of 104 (1,471 Views)

★ Novice

Can confirm, it's November, been multiple updates since these posts, and there is still no fix for this bug. Guess we'll have to hope someone creates a mod to cover for EA's laziness again.

Message 26 of 104 (1,428 Views)

★★★ Novice
@wanderingchild81 It’s November 21st and I can confirm the big is still occurring even after multiple repairs and reconfiguring my save folder /; smh
Message 27 of 104 (1,378 Views)

'Resume writing' book progress resets after loading game or travelling

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start writing a book 2. Save game or travel to another lot 3. Re-open your home lot
What happens when the bug occurs? 4. Book progress is lost
What do you expect to see? I expect that 'resume writing' continues where my sim stopped last time. I've found another old post about the same problem. It is tagged as 'fixed' but apparently it is not. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Resume-Writing-starts-over-after-travelling/td-p/4031736
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever my sim 'resumes writing' a book on the computer, my sim starts all over again after travelling or loading the game. All progress is lost.

This is annoying, as it takes quite a long time to write a book. (in contrast to paintings which are finished in no time!)

I expect that 'resume writing' continues where my sim stopped last time.

I've found another old post about the same problem. It is tagged as 'fixed' but apparently it is not.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Resume-Writing-starts-over-after-travelling/td-p/4031736

Message 28 of 104 (1,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this same bug with writing books as mentioned and also with knitting. It’s very frustrating to start all over everytime if my sim have to stop before finishing what they are doing. 

Message 29 of 104 (1,165 Views)

Re: 'Resume writing' book progress resets after loading game or travelling

★ Apprentice

I also have a problem with song progress resetting when using a violin. It won't reset if I cancel and then start again. But it will reset if the some travel.

Message 30 of 104 (992 Views)