by tigrina_tigs

Original Post

[OPEN] [VGSP] Butler doesn't cook family meals

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell the butler to cook a family meal
What happens when the bug occurs? The butler makes a regular (Four person meal) instead or a notifacation pops up that says the butler can't preform the action.
What do you expect to see? The butler making an eight person meal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. eco living

Butler not cooking the right meal or I'm being told they can't preform the task.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 12 (6,673 Views)

Re: Bulter not doing the right commands

Hero
@JazzieThuqqinz To be sure I understand this correctly, the butler can't make family meals ?

If you tel them to make four person meal, does he do that correctly (I've never actually played with the butler) ?

Were you able to do this before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (6,635 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes. The butler will only makes four person meals, even when instructed to make a family meals. And yes, before the butler would make family meal when instructed.

Message 3 of 12 (6,619 Views)

Residence's Butler Could Not Carry Out Assigned Task (Cooking)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a butler, assign the butler the task of cooking any meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? The money is taken out of the account, the butler gets a thought bubble thinking about food, they nod. Then I get a popup that said "The residence's butler could not carry out the assigned task. Please allow time for them to finish their current task, or available counters."
What do you expect to see? For the butler to cook the meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I had mods installed, I removed those. Tested it on an entirely fresh playthrough, still happens. I've tried repairing my game multiple times, I've deleted the localcache file, etc, etc, etc.

At first he just wouldn't cook the party meals (I thought it was maybe a glitch that I wasn't having a party so he couldn't do that). Now he won't even cook family meals. He won't cook at all on his own, ever, although he used to keep the family flush with meals! 

I've also tried deleting the fridge and stove and buying new ones, traveling to a different lot. Nada.

Message 4 of 12 (6,612 Views)

★ Novice

Family meals are 4 person meals, youre looking for group meal which is 8 

Message 5 of 12 (6,282 Views)

★ Guide

My butler won't cook any. When he did it was the wrong size.

Message 6 of 12 (5,809 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [VGSP] Butler doesn't cook family meals

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem. Butler would cook random sized meals no matter what I chose, now he won't cook at all. I get charged, he reacts but then I get a pop up saying he couldn't carry out the request. Going into CAS, replacing the fridge/stove/counters, resetting him, nothing seems to work! I used to have butlers cooking so much it drove me crazy, now they won't cook at all!

Message 7 of 12 (5,803 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [VGSP] Butler doesn't cook family meals

★ Guide

My butler does cook very occasionally party meals all by himself.

However, when I ask him to cook a party meal, the system takes the money, but I get the "could not carry out the requested task" notification.

This happens when he is busy, which makes sense, but also while idle, which makes it a bug.

Message 8 of 12 (5,262 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [VGSP] Butler doesn't cook family meals

★★★ Guide

I have kinda the opposite problem - butler will only cook family meals, won't use the "cook meal" interaction

Message 9 of 12 (4,680 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [VGSP] Butler doesn't cook family meals

★★ Novice
@JazzieThuqqinz I have this problem - the butler will not cook any meals. comes up with the exact same bug message
Message 10 of 12 (3,775 Views)