Re: Uninvited Sims Entering Owned Homes/Apartments (ask to leave present)

by Theenaabeenaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARVCHIVED] Uninvited Sims Entering Owned Homes/Apartment (ask to leave present)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Paranormal, DHD, CoL, MFPS, JtB, and Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game a bit.
What happens when the bug occurs? Uninvited sims barge into my sims' homes/apartments.
What do you expect to see? Sims knock and wait until invited in, or simply not come into my house/apartment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1030

This was supposed to have been fixed. 

I've had random people target my sim for interaction and barge into their apartment to talk, then a vendor in Strangerville barged into my home in the downed airplane just to use the bathroom (two separate saves). 

None had the Goofball trait.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 35 (7,938 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Uninvited Sims Entering Owned Homes/Apartments (ask to leave present)

Hero

Sims who would invite themselves over and make themselves a little too welcome have relearned their manners and should now knock.

With this fix in  Patch 1.103.250/1.84, I'm going to archive this thread.

If you have any invasion issues still, please create a new thread.  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 35 (1,101 Views)

All Replies

Re: Uninvited Sims Still Entering Owned Homes/Apartments

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kyr0e Currently have multiple threads for this

- What are they doing for you when they come in ? Just random ?
- Does locking the door to strangers help any ?

Linking all the threads in this thread too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (7,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictIn the first example, they came in to talk. My sims had no prior interaction with them, nor were they essential NPC's (landlord, etc). It was two NPC's that time, and after I told the first to leave, the second came in and started mopping, then tried to talk to my sim.

In the second, the guy just rolled in to use the bathroom and hang about. Had to tell him to leave.

Locking the doors is the only solution to keeping them out, otherwise they just decide they want to come in, and do.

Message 3 of 35 (7,895 Views)

Hero
@Kyr0e So your sims have an asked to leave interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (7,885 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes. In both cases I was able to "ask to leave".
Message 5 of 35 (7,876 Views)

Hero
@Kyr0e That's different from the others then. The option is missing usually.

Could you send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 35 (7,874 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Sent.
Message 7 of 35 (7,860 Views)

Hero
@Kyr0e Thanks. I'll check it later today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (7,847 Views)

★ Guide

I believe I am having this issue too. There are a few people on the general discussion forum too so I will try to refer them to this post (and a gamechanger I watch on youtube lol). Sims that show up randomly (visitors/friends) or are invited after school stop by, but instead of waiting at the front door until invited inside or even spoken to as they used to, they just come in. I am personally able to ask them to leave as well. I could lock my doors to prevent this, but I believe they should at least wait so I don't have to lock my doors and forget why sims aren't coming in later.

Message 9 of 35 (7,807 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, locking doors is not a solution, not even a workaround, since invited guests won't be able to come in.

Message 10 of 35 (7,805 Views)