[OPEN] Swan lake effect doubles amount of Swans after zooming out and back again

by FosterthePandas

Original Post

[OPEN] Swan lake effect doubles amount of Swans after zooming out and back again

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university GPs: parenthood, spa day, dine out SPs: bowling night, laundry day +free holiday stuff and grim guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Zoom out and go as further as possible (so effects will be deloaded because of distance) and then when you go back to the swans in your lake/pond they will have double the amount and will be clipping through one another.
What happens when the bug occurs? The amount of Swans you have/see will be doubled indefinitely. This can be done forever and will always double the amount of Swans in there. You can reset it by either going to another lot and back to the original one or just entering build mode and moving the swan effect object to any other position. The game starts to lag if I keep doing this too much
What do you expect to see? The same amount of Swans no matter where I go with my camera (the Sim has no interference with this)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There's the video file with an example of what I described on a base game world. This will happen no matter the lot or world used for the pond/lake tool + Swan effect.

I already repaired my game through Origin

I'm not using mods

This happens with old and newly created save files

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 11 (1,174 Views)

Re: Swan lake effect doubles the amount of Swans after zooming out and back agai

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FosterthePandas could you upload the video to youtube or google or one drive ? it's just too small to watch here.

EDIT: Is it like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Britechester-Ducks-Continuously-Spawning/m-p/97... ? Do you see it for the ducks as well ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,166 Views)

Re: Swan lake effect doubles the amount of Swans after zooming out and back agai

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Here's the link of the video on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/gQTELpk8cEI 

This is only happening with Swans. every other animal effect is fine (but yes, it's exactly like the mentioned problem, but only with Swans on ponds/lakes, as show in the video, every other pond/lake effect is fine)

Message 3 of 11 (1,154 Views)

@FosterthePandas 

Yep, I've managed to repro. Definitely a bug. It does clear if you go to the map and then load the lot again but irritating nonetheless.

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 23.11.54.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Origin Reset Tool for Mac - | - Current broken Mods List -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 11 (1,133 Views)

Message 5 of 11 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Sometimes
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Laundry
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. At first I thought it was when I went to fast speed, then I thought it was zooming in and out or panning, but I can't reliably recreate it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm getting the same doubling effect with both swans and ducks.
What do you expect to see? It makes pretty patterns but I'm pretty sure shouldn't look like that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I'd not yet turned them back on after the game update.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Today's (pre Cottage Living)

Message 6 of 11 (1,072 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same on Xbox series S, exactly like images posted. I deleted them and tried to re-add them in build mode but it said there was an object in the way. I undid delete, exited build mode and they looked normal again but then my game immediately crashed to home and lost around 30mins of gameplay.

They'd been fine playing for 7 days. Other pond effects are fine, 2 kinds of ducks, dragonflies, fireflies all not affected.

The only other pond issue I have is that managing fish does nothing.

Message 7 of 11 (827 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@simsplayer818 Issue now extending to ducks too. Pond is filling with tiny miniature ducks following the other ducks around and all merging into each other.
Message 8 of 11 (767 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Swan lake effect doubles amount of Swans after zooming out and back a

★ Apprentice

I've seen this happen in my game with the swans and the water wheel so far.

Message 9 of 11 (712 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Swan lake effect doubles amount of Swans after zooming out and back a

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well.

08-18-21_11-38-32 AM.png

Message 10 of 11 (605 Views)