by flavouredsim

Original Post

[OPEN] Stairs placed against interior wall cause exterior trim to disappear

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a two story structure. Place exterior trim all around the structure. Place stairs inside the structure (that do not intersect interior walls). Note that exterior trim remains as you originally placed it. Move the stairs to be adjacent to an exterior wall with trim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Where the stairs touch the wall, the exterior trim disappears. The game seems to recognize it as still being present but just doesn't display it.
What do you expect to see? Exterior trim should remain visible whether stairs are placed against the wall or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If you place stairs in the interior up against a wall that has trim on its exterior, the exterior trim in the corresponding area will disappear.  Friezes are not affected.  Here is a short video demonstrating the problem:

Message 1 of 43 (13,962 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Stairs placed against interior wall cause exterior trim to disappear

★★★★ Novice

I notice this bug too, it's really bugging me now that some of my previous builds are now messed up on the way I wanted them to look when I built them originally. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 2 of 43 (13,688 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bump in the hopes that it gets fixed for next patch.

Message 3 of 43 (13,586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bump!
Still no fix for this?

Is there a workaround? Feels like I've tried everything Frown

Message 4 of 43 (13,392 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] Stairs placed against interior wall cause exterior trim to disap

★★ Guide

I noticed this, too! Some of my buildings now look somewhat unfinished because of it.

Message 5 of 43 (13,380 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@flavouredsim No, it has not been fixed yet.  The only workaround would be to re-position your stairs so that they are not adjacent to the wall with trim.

Message 6 of 43 (13,367 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This still needs fixing EA, please get on it soon. Been waiting for every months patch in the hopes this will be fixed without any luck. Is the Sims Studio even aware of this bug?

Message 7 of 43 (13,069 Views)

★★★ Guide

The only thing I can do is add plants to the wall in question...

It is a pain, even though I like plants as not all builds look right with them.

Please fix this :D

Thank you.

Message 8 of 43 (12,967 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still broken and bugged, this is really getting annoying that it hasn't been fixed yet.

Message 9 of 43 (12,872 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is annoying the hell out of me. I tried even using wall panels but it didn't look right ugh
Message 10 of 43 (12,481 Views)