[OPEN] Sims put objects in Box/Chest instead of container (fridge, bookshelf)

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Re: [GRO] Sims keep filling Keepsake Box

★★★★ Guide

I just noticed that sims will put books into the keepsake box instead of the bookshelf.  I just read here that sims will also put food in keepsake boxes instead of the fridge.  This is why I stopped using those boxes from Eco Lifestyle.  So it seems the keepsake box is nothing special after all and just a box/chest like all the rest.  Great.  Looks like I won't be using these either.

Message 41 of 44 (380 Views)

Champion

This has just started happening for me on Xbox Series X. I haven't really used the little keepsake boxes from Growing Together, in fact I thought an elder was supposed to be involved for a a Sim to be able to use them. But my Sim walks past the bookcase to put books away in there. She did it at first with the Jungle Adventure storage chests so I moved them to the 3rd floor.

Sometimes she just puts them straight into her personal inventory. It's extra annoying because they don't get any skill gain unless they read it from the bookcase, so I have to grab them and put them in the bookcase.

Sims, honestly I'm always picking up after them 🙄!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 42 of 44 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've had to put storage chests "in the walls" or somewhere inaccessible to sims because they will go across the entire lot to put books away in a chest and not the bookcase they're standing right next to.  I just got the Horses ExPack and put one of the new chests down so I could have somewhere to store prairie grass for easy access, looked away and had two books shoved inside despite being on the far side of the lot and the sims had to leave the house in a blizzard to do this. In different saves, and obviously on different lots, I've had sims bypass at least three different bookcases to put the book away in a chest on a different floor.  And this is with them autonomously browsing books, not moving until they need to shove it in a chest.

Edit to add that this has been happening since Jungle Adventures.

Message 43 of 44 (237 Views)

Toddlers placing toys into keepsake box

★★ Newbie

I’m having an issue where my toddlers are placing their toys into the keepsake box instead of the toy box or their own inventory. Can this bug be fixed so toddlers don’t view the keepsake box as their toy box?

Message 44 of 44 (204 Views)