Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims obsessively making coffee/tea, autonomy issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims Base Game 64 Bit (NOT Legacy Ed.), Cats & Dogs, City Living, University, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Dream Home, Outdoor, Parenthood, Cool Kitchen, Kid's Room, Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living, Country Kitchen, Free Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a coffee/tea pot and your sim's queue empty. Allow them to decide what to do (have autonomy on)
What happens when the bug occurs? Household sims (not an issue with guests) will autonomously decide to make coffee/tea. They will even empty the pot just to make a new pot if you leave them alone. I have nothing in the queue for maybe 30 in-game (not real time) minutes and they immediately go to make a pot and drink a cup. Random tea or coffee, it's all they wanna do (unless there's already a pot brewed that ISN'T spoiled.)
What do you expect to see? Sims not autonomously making coffee/tea when not necessary. It would make sense if their energy were low, hunger, if they had a negative moodlet or something. But their needs are nearly full and they have no negative moodlets. At least, only make coffee/tea when needs are LOW or they have negative moodlets. Prioritize other actions over unnecessary obsessions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Household sims (not an issue with guests, from what I've noticed) will autonomously decide to make coffee/tea even when visiting other lots. (Not interrupting queued actions). And not for any reason: their needs aren't low and they have no negative moodlets. If your sim were sad, I can understand an autonomous desire to make happy tea, or whatever. If they're feeling unchallenged, I can understand them wanting to make tea for focus, or something. If their energy is low, it makes sense for them to autonomously make a pot of coffee. If you have your sim's queue empty for like 30 in-game (not real time) minutes, their first autonomous action is to make a pot of tea/coffee unless there's already a pot made that isn't spoiled. If it's spoiled, they will empty it just to make a pot for no reason other than: you didn't give them something to do and another sim isn't interacting with them.

I don't understand why this is their first action, why they need coffee or tea when there isn't any reason for it. They're obsessed with having fresh coffee/tea on the lot. It's priority for them over TV, gaming, interaction with other sims, and other typical expected "I've nothing to do" actions. Nope, they want to make a pot of coffee and be blitzed for no reason, or a pot of tea and feel flirty when they're at home alone with their social need full. Wild.

Not a huge issue, but probably wasn't intended to occur. Worth mentioning, and also pretty annoying when you're trying to play...

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or whether it's a problem for them as well. I tried to find a report on this issue to boost it rather than report it myself: I searched for a while with key-words via the search bar here, and also checked the lists of issues already being worked on and such using in-page key word search on my browser. I may have overlooked it already being noted, and if I did then I apologize and would rather get their report noticed and not clutter the forum with repeat posts. If this is the case, could someone please direct me to the main report of this specific issue? Thanks!

Cheers~

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 41 (17,484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims obsessively making coffee/tea, autonomy issue

Hero

We’ve educated Sims on the dangers of over-caffeination, so autonomous coffee making/drinking should happen a bit less frequently.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 41 of 41 (2,104 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims obsessively making coffee/tea, autonomy issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Traditional Chinese
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims Base Game 64 Bit, Holiday Celebration (Free)

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Same
What happens when the bug occurs? Same
What do you expect to see? Same
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Have the same problem(Already click Me too).

I have both coffe and tea machine at home. If autonomy on, person who queue empty will go make coffee and tea if the machine is empty, in 10-30 in-game minute. 

Kind of annoying because when I focus on one person, the other one will go make both of tea and coffee that they don't need. And will be thrown away in the end because they usually can't drink this much(Or they can, but they will be always drinking). Also waste a little money.

Message 2 of 41 (17,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Not Sure my version is the same one or a variation...

I play with Autonomy OFF.

Still after 1.80 (I did not have that problem before) my Sims are obsessed by Tea drinking. They don't make it autonomously (thank God), but if I tell them brew it for my reasons they want to grab a drink no matter what they are doing at the moment.

Even Maid who comes to clean goes to the tea pot and grabs a cup.

Autonomy is OFF, but all do what they want.

There is no such problem with the coffee maker, though.

Message 3 of 41 (17,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I've been noticing this issue on PS5. If tea is made, the sims get cup after cup of it and drink it. If they go past the full tea pot to get food, they will cancel eating to go grab tea. 

Edit: 3/20/22 Added Screenshot to show the grab a drink piling up in queue

The Sims™ 4_20220216133956.jpg

Message 4 of 41 (17,168 Views)

Sims Drinking Tea & Coffee Non-Stop

★ Guide

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but my sims keep drinking tea and coffee non-stop. after they get through with a cup they will go and get another. it is very frustrating.

Message 5 of 41 (17,113 Views)

Re: Sims Drinking Tea & Coffee Non-Stop

Hero (Retired)

@MoneyBrozYT I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 6 of 41 (17,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniperIt happens all the time... my sims constantly brewing and drinking tea. Even when they’re hungry, if they walk past the tea pot, actions drop out of their queue just to grab a cup of tea. Very creepy.

Message 7 of 41 (16,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Ditto.  The other night I told my Sim to go do something (fix a broken stove, much flame, looks like a safety hazard to me) and she queued up 4 "grab teas" and put those ahead of my assigned task and went to go sit down at the dining table with her nice mug of tea.  Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm a single lady partly because of this type of behavior from my ex; I don't need it from a Sim. Wink  I could almost hear her shouting, "Give me a minute! I'll get to it!"  Wink

They also obsessively grab tea when they already need to pee, which is... unfortunate. Hungry? Tired? Need to pee?  Tea will fix what ails you!  *Slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!* *grab more*

I'm thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to taking their tea maker away from them.

Message 8 of 41 (16,620 Views)

Champion

I keep both the tea maker and the bar in household inventory and only pull them out when I want them. Otherwise, yes, my Sims could be standing right next to the bathroom with their bladder in the red, and they’ll decide what they really need is a cup of tea so they’ll waddle off to get it. Then you cancel it and tell them to go to the bathroom instead, and they’ll do the little “but I need to pee!” animation, continue over to get the tea, then go put that tea down on a coffee table somewhere, then finally decide to obey and go all the way back to the bathroom.

Then as soon as they finish on the toilet, they’d go order the most expensive drink at the bar and immediately drop their bladder to red again. 🤦🏼‍♀️

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 9 of 41 (16,590 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this too, it might be just a coincidence but I notice they started it once I installed some upgrades on it... 

Message 10 of 41 (16,549 Views)