by WingedSnek

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims get random skills

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Growing Together; GP: Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves; SP: Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff; Kit: Desert Luxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either send a sim to work or switch households.
What happens when the bug occurs? After returning, the sim will have a level in a random skill (in my case the local culture skill from Jungle Andventure, sometimes also the fitness or charisma skill).
What do you expect to see? No random skill increase.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1030 (or installing Growing Together)

Any ideas what might cause this?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to be more general

Message 21 of 82 (8,422 Views)

Gaining multiple skills

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

hi I was wondering is anyone else having trouble witth skills in the sims séance the infants update ? like they keep getting skills I didn't tell them to

Edit By Crinrict: Split from other thread, Adjusted Titel

Message 1 of 82 (8,436 Views)

Re: Seance and skill

Hero
@gammerkitten123 I split this from the missing hobbies and skill thread as that was about likes/Dislikes and yours sounds different.

Could you give more details ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 82 (8,402 Views)

★ Guide

everyTime I try to work on my sims Skills they get skills I didn't tell them to like I am working on the charisma skill and my sims will also get the selvadoradian culture skill

Message 3 of 82 (8,392 Views)

Hero
@gammerkitten123 For all Sims ? There are some things that can give you two skills so this is when you use the seance table ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 82 (8,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

oh is that new I was using mirror ? also i get  like 3 skill will come at a time like I have no control over them anymore 

Message 5 of 82 (8,386 Views)

Hero
@gammerkitten123 Ah now I get where the seance is coming from. You probably wanted to put since and auto-correct knew better. That totally confused me :D

It's mostly for kids that they changed stuff but there were always interactions that influenced multiple skills.

Charisma and Salvadorian culture sounds a bit off though, especially if your not in that world.

Could you post some combinations you're getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 82 (8,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

it's pretty much anything and it's random like even if my sim douse nothing they will get a new skill no warning  

Message 7 of 82 (8,366 Views)

Hero
@gammerkitten123 That does sound odd. Do you still have any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 82 (8,348 Views)

★ Guide

no I took them out for the update 

Message 9 of 82 (8,344 Views)