by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Salary Person (5): 'Host Phone Conference' Unavailable

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Toddler, Fitness, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party. Free Packs: Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Find a job in the Salaryperson career. At Level 5 (Supervisor), you will see the daily task is 'Host Telephone Conference'.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims phone does not have the option to host a conference call. I click on the suitcase to indicate the work section of the phone, but it only has 4 options: Sit in on Skill Class, Find Odd Jobs, Find a Job, Quit Job. I am definitely at Level 5 of the salaryperson career but I do not have any way to fulfil my daily task to get a promotion.
What do you expect to see? Having a look online, it sounds like I am supposed to have the option 'Host a conference call' on the work section of my sims mobile phone. The sim then sits on the phone for about an hour.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims phone does not have the option to host a conference call. I click on the suitcase to indicate the work section of the phone, but it only has 4 options: Sit in on Skill Class, Find Odd Jobs, Find a Job, Quit Job. I am definitely at Level 5 of the salaryperson career but I do not have any way to fulfil my daily task to get a promotion.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, fixed duplicate template

Message 1 of 7 (5,713 Views)

Re: 'Host Phone Conference' Unavailable at Level 5 of Salaryperson Career

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@mrssophiejonas I had this issue the first day they were promoted, it was late and the option was not there.

The next day the option was there. I had to restart my console sometime between the work days, but the option appeared afterwards.

The Sims™ 4_20201118195314.jpg

Message 2 of 7 (5,620 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Salary Person (5): 'Host Phone Conference' Unavailable

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue too, did you find a solution?

Message 3 of 7 (5,256 Views)

★ Pro

I do have the option appearing at level 5 but the task won't complete.  I did find a lastException file after closing the game and am attaching.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 4 of 7 (5,135 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue: my Sim is successfully performing teleconference, but the task progress is marked as "not started".

Message 5 of 7 (4,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too Frown it's super annoying. It seems to only work during some times of day and maybe not on holidays? But it doesn't have any info on it in game which is super frustrating 

Message 6 of 7 (4,467 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Salary Person (5): 'Host Phone Conference' Unavailable

★★★ Newbie

I found it somewhere that you need to have your Sim sit on a toilet, pause the game and select the phone and you'll see the option. Your Sim will do the task there. Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (3,511 Views)