by DaftThoughts

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Kotatsu tables don't give Sims buffs

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a kotatsu table and have the sim sit at it with temperature settings enabled
What happens when the bug occurs? No buffs are given to the Sim, even on a fully upgraded kotatsu
What do you expect to see? Since a kotatsu allows temperature control to warm, hot, cool and cold, I expect there to be buffs akin to buffs from fireplaces and airconditioners, but I see none.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As the form says, I expect upgraded kotatsus to have buffs affecting the Sims seated at the tables, but none show up, even with all mods removed. I'm not clear if buffs are supposed to be applied, but I was under the impression they would!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (1,809 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Kotatsu tables don't give Sims buffs

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also experiencing this. I've sat at the kotatsu for every meal for multiple sim weeks, and have never gotten a buff. I eventually upgraded it with the Improved Insulation option, but I still don't get any moodlets. The tooltip for that upgrade implies you should get a moodlet with or without the upgrade:

"Increases the speed Sims receive positive buffs from the kotatsu"

Message 2 of 4 (1,752 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Kotatsu tables don't give Sims buffs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I don't receive any buffs from the table either. I had a Sim at the Onsen Bathhouse consume hot corn soup (since he was hungry) and coffee, wondered if the kotatsu table would give buffs or affect the Sim if I set it to cold (since he got the "Too Warmed Up" buff after consuming both) then looked up when it causes buffs then found this as the first result of my search (I searched on Google). 

Hopefully this issue gets fixed. 

EDIT: Weirdly one of my Sims' children got a happy buff from the kotatsu. But for some reason it doesn't happen for adult Sims. (I haven't tried with teens but maybe since they pretty much function like adults they don't get buffs?)

Message 3 of 4 (1,588 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Kotatsu tables don't give Sims buffs

★★ Pro

I don't see any buffs from kotatsus and I thought maybe I have to give the upgrades for them to appear but nope, still no.

Message 4 of 4 (965 Views)