[FIXED] [SE] Climbing Excursion: Can't move to the next stage

by seahalkslol97

Original Post

Mountain excursion can’t get past stage 2

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions. Most game packs and a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a mountain climbing excursion
What happens when the bug occurs? I can make it to the second level of the mountain excursion, but it won’t let me press the move on button. I finish the level with gold but when I press the move on button, the Sims just stand in one spot and nothing happens. The button does not work anymore I press it several more times but nothing still happens, even after resetting the sims. The excursion eventually ends and it gives me the option to move on or go back, but when I press move on, nothing happens still and the timer stops counting. It just leaves me on that second level stage until I cancel the event entirely.
What do you expect to see? A loading screen to the next level of the excursion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can make it to the second level of the mountain excursion, but it won’t let me press the move on button. I finish the level with gold but when I press the move on button, the Sims just stand in one spot and nothing happens. The button does not work anymore I press it several more times but nothing still happens, even after resetting the sims. The excursion eventually ends and it gives me the option to move on or go back, but when I press move on, nothing happens still and the timer stops counting. It just leaves me on that second level stage until I cancel the event entirely.

Message 51 of 96 (1,245 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Climbing Excursion: Can't move to the next stage

★★★★★ Novice
@Apexsimmer1009 THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!! I just Googled it and was able to move on. My Sims are all seniors now; they would've died, and I would've had to start over with the next-gen..
Message 52 of 96 (1,151 Views)

Re: Mountain excursion can’t get past stage 2

★★★ Apprentice

experiencing the same thing

Message 53 of 96 (1,105 Views)

★ Novice

Same. My Sims are ready to move on to the next stage and the move on button doesn’t

work. Did the Infants update cause this?

Message 54 of 96 (1,085 Views)

★ Novice

Exact same thing happens to me. I’ve tried everything I can think of and I can’t get past the 1st climbing session. I end up being forced to manually end the excursion and then my sims are embarrassed and mad when they get home. So frustrating! I want to complete for my current storyline 

Message 55 of 96 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@seahalkslol97Anyone knows when this will get fixed? It’s the main reason I bought this expansion. Also watch out as mine literally got stuck on the mountain and had to use cheats to get them off. 

Message 56 of 96 (889 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening for my sims they get to the 2nd level and I click move on with all the task complete and it doesn’t move on to the 3rd stage. The sims team needs to fix this and the milestones glitch.

Message 57 of 96 (855 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the Carls fix and mine still won’t move past stage 2 :’(

Message 58 of 96 (801 Views)

★ Novice
@faithfreedom im having the same problem right now, it's super annoying
Message 59 of 96 (733 Views)

★★ Novice

Product Code: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows/Steam
English.
Current Game ver. #: 1.96.397.1020
Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff/Packs/Kits: I own them all but not Growing Together expansion pack.
This bug I encounter occurs every single attempt.
I'm currently trying to complete Extreme Sports Enthusiast Aspiration and the only step I need to finish is reaching the top of Mt. Komorebi.
So this pretty much matches with almost everyone's posts on this thread but I'm going to type it out anyway.
I use the mountain excursion through social planning and bring 1 friend, we met at the onsen and we make our way to the first stage and complete it. I click move on after completing all the stages. The second stage starts fine, I can complete all the social events and when the option to move on pops up, I click move on but nothing happens. The timer runs out and it is stuck there. When I restart after saving, it is stuck in a loop of stages that I can't complete and I had to cancel the event entirely. Afterwards, I try to do it again. The same cycle repeats.

I don't have any sims 4 mods active.

Message 60 of 96 (716 Views)