by 83bienchen

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Toddlers stretch when using umbrella

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, OR, SD, DO, PH, JA, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, VGSP, LDSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite toddler (npc?), have conversation with them outdoors when it rains.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler is possessed by stretch demon. Player cries.
What do you expect to see? Either no umbrella or no stretch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A7pdSFYLV4&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 23 (4,068 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Toddlers stretch when using umbrella

Champion
I have seen this too, but I think it's a bug that toddlers are carrying umbrellas.

They don't have the option to take or change umbrellas on the umbrella stand and the animation to hold and use them isn't designed for them. I don't think they are meant to have them at all.
Message 2 of 23 (4,023 Views)

★★ Guide

This was caused by toddlers getting the "trait_Umbrella_User" trait. I have a mod that fixes this up now on Tumblr - look for thefreshsims, and click "My Mods" on the top bar.

Message 3 of 23 (3,958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Bra1nBlast3dYep that is most likely a bug, I never seen a toddler playing outside in the rain with a Umbrella, I wonder how you can invite a npc toddler over in the first place if they can't speak that great? This is the main reason the Play Date thing is useless to me, is unless you know who the parents are and are friends you can't get other toddlers to join for a play date.

Message 4 of 23 (3,956 Views)

★★ Guide

What I did to reproduce was to create a new save with my sim on an empty lot, set the weather to a heavy rain, and then use the summon cheat to bring Evie Delgato (pre-made toddler) to the lot.

Message 5 of 23 (3,912 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have a similar problem. The difference is that it's the arm that stretches, and it happens to played toddlers when they take an outdoor stair during rain. Anyway, the real bug is probably that toddlers have umbrellas even though they shouldn't.

2019-11-24_17-18-33.png

2019-11-24_17-18-09.png

2019-11-24_17-19-28.png

2019-11-24_17-19-33.png

Message 6 of 23 (3,824 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I wonder how they're carrying umbrellas, though? My toddlers don't really stretch like how they might do when they do a child/adult interaction, but it definitely happens when they're outside and raining.
It isn't bothersome but weird, honestly.
Message 7 of 23 (3,808 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SqueamishNerd Same. This started happening in the last patch. My toddlers also sometimes get super tall when they get off the potty.
Message 8 of 23 (3,453 Views)

★ Guide

Toddlers shouldn't be able to use umbrellas in the first place.

This can be easily fixed by removing the toddler tag from the trait_Umbrella_User tuning.

The correct tuning looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="Trait" i="trait" m="traits.traits" n="trait_Umbrella_User" s="188000">
  <L n="ages">
    <E>TEEN</E>
    <E>ADULT</E>
    <E>CHILD</E>
    <E>ELDER</E>
    <E>YOUNGADULT</E>
  </L>
  <T n="icon" p="InGame\UI\Icons\Debug\missing_image.png">2f7d0004:00000000:30f0846c783606f9</T>
  <L n="species">
    <E />
  </L>
  <E n="trait_type">HIDDEN</E>
</I>

Message 9 of 23 (3,237 Views)

Rif.: [OPEN] [S] Toddlers stretch when using umbrella

★★★★★ Expert

Same problem for me as well...

Message 10 of 23 (3,204 Views)