Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Plant in season during fall/winter are withered in fall/wi

by sallybear11

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Plant in season during fall/winter are withered in fall/wi

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict fascinating, 2019 and it sounds the same, while building all world and lot are normal, load sim to "play" in any lot, in any world, all the trees bare, all the plants brown, in the world.and on lot....and dont assume it....NO Mods installed.
Message 21 of 76 (974 Views)

Re: Plants look dead while being in season and functional since cottage living.

★★★ Apprentice

Hmmm, What about snowy retreat? I am not going to just say "it might be a problem" like all the rest of the answers. Honestly, I am still not sure what is or has caused this. I have tried so many things I haven't ruled anything out. I do know that my Mods have no effect on it. The only success I have had is to remove Seasons entirely. yet, yesterday, I was playing along and installed seasons to take pictures of the dead plants around the worlds-plants that are "wild" plants and are not a part of a lot I play on. I took pictures of Sylvan Glade where the plants in it are dead or dying, Brindleton Bay, Hensly, etc. I returned to the "home" of my sim in Willow Creek, let her sleep for the night and woke up to green plants and flowers blooming. (no cheats, No Mods, No CC) I was so amazed I just stared at all the greenery. Those plants were Dead when my sim went to bed! Yet here they were! 6 AM Green! I took a couple pictures then started playing, happy in the miracle of miracles that my plants were back! I saved the game, had supper for myself, came back to dead plants. Lasted about 8 hours of Sims Game time. I didn't do anything except save the game. I didn't close it, didn't burp or fart or sneeze. I paused it, I saved it, I ate supper, poof they were wilted, brown and dying or dead. ONE thing has been different with my game ever since though. My plants that I am tending to, aren't "dying". They are wilted and brown, but not dead. I have a butler that seems to be able to water some of the trees. I still cannot water the plants at all except right after I plant them. (Without seasons in my game I played for 46 days and harvests, with green plants, then decided to try getting pictures of Sylvan Glade with Seasons installed I can still go back to my game without seasons, I copied it all, just have to uninstall and reinstall (except for Seasons) for the 14th or 15th time and copy it all back over) I still believe it is an Alien Conspiracy set up by the game masters and that may be the game pack they are going to re-work!? LOL (just me being funny, I blame space Aliens for everything) Here are a few pictures of plants in Sylvan Glade and "wild Plants in my game neighborhood that show the same blight. 

Message 22 of 76 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike Of course the mushrooms are growing however.
Message 23 of 76 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

PLANTS in the NEIGHBORHOOD: At first, they are brown and wilted, takes a couple days for them to stop blooming but they do stop blooming and become un-harvestable. Except for mushrooms. Mushrooms and Garlic abound! But once the plants, apples, lilies, blue bells, etc stop blooming they just absolutely disappear. No sign of them at all. NO little pile of dirt, just not there anymore. 

Message 24 of 76 (1,147 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike oh and the game play gets weirder....dammit, i really need to file for a divorce from sims, after years of failed promises and disappointments, Im not sure why i still bother....must be dam aliens.
Message 25 of 76 (1,123 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@sallybear11 Yep, I blame the Space Aliens myself. I have my theory but when I write it out it reads like a bad sci-fi novel. Problem is Everything is the truth of my finding Aliens in Hensley-Bags. Elementary school children in the town alerted me to suspicious activity when I left the bar after winning the first-place ribbon for a Blueberry pie. Strangely enough, I told my sim to go home, the game did NOT do the usual cut/arrive at home thing. Ended up with my bicycle being taken from me. I wandered the town. Followed the trails up to the park in the brambles, crossed the river at the island with ruins, then made my way up the mountain. Next day I had my retired scientist career sim move up to the brambles, scanned for Aliens, discovered Aliens all over Hensly, brambles, etc. Thats when my game went bonkers. Now, Whenever I start a game after reinstalling one of my first encounters is a townie, like in Willowcreek it is the townie Summer Holiday, Invites me to the local bar for Aliens Night. "COME ON! IT WILL BE FUN!" she says... I f I go, the next day Liberty Lee will walk up to me and slap the crap out of my sim in true Agnes Crapplebottom fashion, without an explanation of why. Not like I put the moves on Summer Holiday... After three times of this I no longer want to interact with the neighbors. I reinstall the game, hide in the house behind locked doors until after the welcome wagon-turned house warming party-until the day turns to night and back to day.
Message 26 of 76 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And here is a picture of my Abandoned Lot in Willowcreek. Brook Bungalow. Yes, I moved to Brindleton Bay and left this house behind with dead plants. You can see the satellite dish on the roof. I had modified the house to accommodate my family of 4 and a live in Butler and Maid. NOW all the dead plants are green and thriving? The house is empty, the chickens running around and rabbits. I upgraded the Chicken Coops with Automatic feeders and long healthy lives. The house is empty. Or is it? Despite the game being screwed up I keep playing to see what comes up next. LOL Check out the picture of the Plates with Veggie burgers remains on the ground in the picnic area behind Brooks Bungalow. Veggie burgers cooked by Athena Silversweater? Talk about getting weird.... Athena Silversweater is ONE OF THEM! and she has been watching my house from here in the park, eating her Lactose free Veggie Burgers and leaving the leftovers

@sallybear11 wrote:
@Trehpikeoh and the game play gets weirder....dammit, i really need to file for a divorce from sims, after years of failed promises and disappointments, Im not sure why i still bother....must be dam aliens.

here!!!!!!!!! It just gets weirder! Conspiracy theory in the Sims 4... I have to quit playing this ridiculous game. 

Message 27 of 76 (1,200 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike woah, you have some really weird neighbours for certain....ummm, ok, but great to look at the pictures.
meanwhile, the principle remains the same, if one removes a sim from a dead plant property in a dead plant world, and then goes into the property in build mode, all is well.... so there is our answer..and this is where i find myself,
No one plays a sim, we just look at our empty lots and move pot plants around......grrrreat.
Message 28 of 76 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@sallybear11 Oh, I play the sims, I think I have shown you that! LOL. Problem is them dang Aliens. I believe you got the one where I said the plants in my neighborhood are dying as well, and the ones in Sylvan Vale are too. I put some pictures of those. They turn brown and scraggly, wilt then disappear.
Message 29 of 76 (1,157 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here is a picture of a lot I just started playing in Cottage living. It was green when I started but you can see the trees and plants around the lot are turning brown. Mid Spring, played for 2 days sims time. 

Message 30 of 76 (1,132 Views)