Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Neighborhood Brawl Holiday Produces Negative Sentiments

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.35.8.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim brawl another during the Neighborhood Brawl Holiday.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims develop negative sentiments towards each other, even though it's a holiday and there are friendly interactions after the brawl.
What do you expect to see? A Holiday Brawl with No negative Sentiments.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim brawled other sims for the Neighborhood Brawl day and ended up with very negative sentiments towards them even though the interactions afterwards are friendly.

The Sims™ 4_20201128110025.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201128110031.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 3 of 17 (7,095 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Neighborhood Brawl Holiday Produces Negative Sentiments

Hero

Sims that celebrate Neighborhood Brawl Holiday will no longer have negative sentiments towards each other afterwards, such is the power of the holidays.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (1,963 Views)

All Replies

Neighborhood brawl & sentiments don't go together

★★ Apprentice

Neighborhood brawl is a fun randomly generated holiday that happens in the Sims 4 Seasons, but since sentiments were added in a recent patch, the brawl fights between sims that are suppose to be friendly on that day, still result in negative sentiments. This is an unbalance in the game which I think the EA team didn't think through. I'm sharing this post to point that out. 

Message 1 of 17 (7,074 Views)

Re: Neighborhood brawl & sentiments don't go together

★ Novice

Same issue here, my married couple had a lovely brawl, hugging in the end as they do, but days later they're still both angry at one another. 

Another issue I had with sentiments is that when I aged up a sim early straight through childhood to teenage, he still had a hurt sentiment from when his dad played too rough with him when he was a toddler. It seems weird to me that sentiments aren't adapted to the length of a sim's lifespan or lifestage. 

Message 2 of 17 (7,047 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DinowCookie @Salo1777 I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue.

Message 4 of 17 (7,014 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had a negative sentiment as well because of a fight on neighbourhood brawl day. :/

Message 5 of 17 (6,982 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Neighborhood Brawl Holiday Produces Negative Sentiments

★★★ Newbie

Same here, my couple got into a fight on the day and they got negative sentiments, I needed to go out of my way to cheat my good sentiments back.

Message 6 of 17 (6,888 Views)

★ Guide

This happens to me as well, playing on PC. Very annoying since I love neighborhood brawl hahaha

Message 7 of 17 (6,797 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

This doesn't surprise me. Neighborhood Brawl also causes reputation drops, so it's clear that fighting is still fighting, even when it's part of a holiday and supposed to be okay. I usually just don't participate. I'd rather have the negative mood from failing the holiday than the reputation drops and bad sentiments.

Message 8 of 17 (6,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I deleted the event from my calendar because of this and I don't like fighting anyway.  :/. I cancelled a lot of holidays because of sad/bad moodlets and ramifications!  

Message 9 of 17 (6,745 Views)

★ Guide
@Sketch793 wrote:

This doesn't surprise me. Neighborhood Brawl also causes reputation drops, so it's clear that fighting is still fighting, even when it's part of a holiday and supposed to be okay. I usually just don't participate. I'd rather have the negative mood from failing the holiday than the reputation drops and bad sentiments.

I never noticed the reputation drops, but I'm sure they do happen. I just don't pay attention to reputation normally. The bad sentiments however are very annoying. I have discovered that sometimes getting good sentiments will override the bad ones, but it still makes the holiday practically unplayable.

Message 10 of 17 (6,724 Views)