[OPEN] [S] Neighborhood Brawl Holiday Produces Negative Sentiments

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Neighborhood Brawl Holiday Produces Negative Sentiments

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.35.8.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim brawl another during the Neighborhood Brawl Holiday.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims develop negative sentiments towards each other, even though it's a holiday and there are friendly interactions after the brawl.
What do you expect to see? A Holiday Brawl with No negative Sentiments.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim brawled other sims for the Neighborhood Brawl day and ended up with very negative sentiments towards them even though the interactions afterwards are friendly.

The Sims™ 4_20201128110025.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201128110031.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

I don't work for EA. I'm a player helping other players. I do not respond to PMs.
Sims 4 Console FAQ and Help | Sims 4 Console Patch Notes
If a post solved your issue, don't forget to mark it as a solution!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 15 (2,066 Views)

Neighborhood brawl & sentiments don't go together

★ Apprentice

Neighborhood brawl is a fun randomly generated holiday that happens in the Sims 4 Seasons, but since sentiments were added in a recent patch, the brawl fights between sims that are suppose to be friendly on that day, still result in negative sentiments. This is an unbalance in the game which I think the EA team didn't think through. I'm sharing this post to point that out. 

Message 1 of 15 (2,081 Views)

Re: Neighborhood brawl & sentiments don't go together

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here, my married couple had a lovely brawl, hugging in the end as they do, but days later they're still both angry at one another. 

Another issue I had with sentiments is that when I aged up a sim early straight through childhood to teenage, he still had a hurt sentiment from when his dad played too rough with him when he was a toddler. It seems weird to me that sentiments aren't adapted to the length of a sim's lifespan or lifestage. 

Message 2 of 15 (2,054 Views)

@DinowCookie @Salo1777 I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue.

I don't work for EA. I'm a player helping other players. I do not respond to PMs.
Sims 4 Console FAQ and Help | Sims 4 Console Patch Notes
If a post solved your issue, don't forget to mark it as a solution!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 15 (2,021 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had a negative sentiment as well because of a fight on neighbourhood brawl day. :/

Message 5 of 15 (1,989 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Neighborhood Brawl Holiday Produces Negative Sentiments

★★★ Newbie

Same here, my couple got into a fight on the day and they got negative sentiments, I needed to go out of my way to cheat my good sentiments back.

Message 6 of 15 (1,895 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me as well, playing on PC. Very annoying since I love neighborhood brawl hahaha

Message 7 of 15 (1,804 Views)

★★ Pro

This doesn't surprise me. Neighborhood Brawl also causes reputation drops, so it's clear that fighting is still fighting, even when it's part of a holiday and supposed to be okay. I usually just don't participate. I'd rather have the negative mood from failing the holiday than the reputation drops and bad sentiments.

Message 8 of 15 (1,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I deleted the event from my calendar because of this and I don't like fighting anyway.  :/. I cancelled a lot of holidays because of sad/bad moodlets and ramifications!  

Message 9 of 15 (1,752 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Sketch793 wrote:

This doesn't surprise me. Neighborhood Brawl also causes reputation drops, so it's clear that fighting is still fighting, even when it's part of a holiday and supposed to be okay. I usually just don't participate. I'd rather have the negative mood from failing the holiday than the reputation drops and bad sentiments.

I never noticed the reputation drops, but I'm sure they do happen. I just don't pay attention to reputation normally. The bad sentiments however are very annoying. I have discovered that sometimes getting good sentiments will override the bad ones, but it still makes the holiday practically unplayable.

Message 10 of 15 (1,731 Views)