by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Father Winter doesn't leave

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs and several stuff packs (Laundry day,Vintage Glamour, Kid's Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio, and Free Stuff)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Celebrate Winterfest with a fireplace so that Clement pays a visit.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not sure exactly what is happening but it is like there is a phantom Celement, maybe invisible Celement, in my house days after Winterfest. I first noticed there was something off because my sims continued to try and talk to him (nothing actually happens though). I even had one moment where everyone stopped what they were doing to react (surprised) at something he was doing though he was no where to be seen. I also have found a quick meal sitting on my table that says it was created by Celement. And it isn't like toddlers when at daycare where you can see their shadow on the floor. I tried having someone open presents with him to see if it would summon/ make appear but nothing happened. Can't call or text him because he is near by -edit- My game will also not enter the 4th speed when everyone is sleeping.
What do you expect to see? Clement to leave the lot after the holiday ended.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have the mod that allows me to see Sim Info. Under Role it says (roleState_PresentPile_Group_Opening.roleState_PresentPile_Watcher) So I'm not sure if that means it is something he can do in general or if that means it is what he is currently attempting to do. There is no present piles or anything winterfest related on the lot (or in any inventory).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 19 (12,894 Views)

Re: Invisible/Phantom Clement?

Hero
Are you using any other mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (12,807 Views)

★ Apprentice

I only have two mods, the Show Sim Info mod and Reduced Random Townies.

Message 3 of 19 (12,795 Views)

★ Apprentice

After closing the game and starting again, Clement is still in my house (week after Winterfest) but at least I can see him now. 

Message 4 of 19 (12,789 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Won't be able to look at it until next week though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (12,777 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'll look into how to do that and see if I can find a recovered save with my sim still in that household (I just moved her out).

Message 6 of 19 (12,754 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think these are two of the saves. One is the day after winterfest and another several days later. Both still have Clement in the house (though now you can see him)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I40W2OrF2gMf06hw03uydC0277BNod8s

Message 7 of 19 (12,746 Views)

Hero
Thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow. Busy catching up currently.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (12,730 Views)

Hero

Hi @Silvernox3

since he is visible now, I renamed the issue a bit and going to add as needs input to see if others have this happen.

To solve, I would just delete the household. If you can't find the household in household manager (didn't check), add him to your family, then delete. I didn't test if a new one spawns without issues though but I guess that would be a different problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (12,694 Views)

Champion
As he’s a regular sim, have you tried visiting any other venue, calling him on the phone to invite him there, and then just go home and leave him there?
Message 10 of 19 (12,665 Views)