by netcat0718

Original Post

[OPEN] Randomizing a sim from the gallery is not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? base game, luxury party, perfect Patio, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the "randomize from gallery" button
What happens when the bug occurs? It loads the same sims (from within one family) over and over again
What do you expect to see? random sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Randomize a sim from gallery doesn't work. Everytime I get the same sim (from within one family) This problem has never been solved since 2016. Hope someone can fix this finally! Tried everything, folder reset, removed mods, etc. etc.

EDIT: Merged old thread, Me too count on old thread: 13

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 52 of 71 (6,884 Views)

[OPEN] Randomize From Gallery at Create-A-Sims is not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I recently noticed whenever I want to create a new sims through using the randomize from gallery at Create-A-Sim yielded the same Sims over and over again. I seems to be always have "Laurent Collins" no matter how many times I push that button. Is there something wrong with that???

Message 1 of 71 (8,168 Views)

Re: Randomize From Gallery at Create-A-Sims is not working

Hero

Are you trying on a new game or from within the game ?

I've seen your report at the officials and tried this and had no issues with it.

Are you using custom content or mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 71 (8,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well actually both. I don't have any mods or custom content in my game. So not sure what happened....It just give me the same Sim created by wilMuskah.

Message 3 of 71 (8,145 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 71 (8,138 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just try your suggestion. It still doesn't work as I still get the same "Laurent Collins" Sims when I hit the "Randomize From Gallery" Button.

Message 5 of 71 (8,132 Views)

Hero

You do see more Sims when you open the gallery ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 71 (8,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes when I open just the gallery, I see more Sims from other users that way. But when I hit that button on Randomize from Gallery at Create-a-Sim, I only get the same Sims over and over again. So I don't think it is related to my internet connection issue.

Message 7 of 71 (8,126 Views)

Hero

What kind of Internet issue do you have ?

Did the patch help with anything ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 71 (8,103 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have exactly the same problem. I think the patch just caused it...but why? My game is working perfect by the way..Always online when in game..full access to the gallery..no problems at all. 

Message 9 of 71 (8,066 Views)