[OPEN] Random work outfits/accessories (Patch 1.80.69/1.48)

by EloquentMyDear

Original Post

[OPEN] Random work outfits/accessories (Patch 1.80.69/1.48)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: GTW, GT, CL, CD, Seasons, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE. Game packs: OR, SD, DO, Vampires, Parenthood, JA, SV, RoM. Stuff packs: LP, PP, CK, Spooky, MH, RG, KR, Backyard, VG, LD, MFP, NK.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have any sim join a career or get promoted. This bug especially seems prominent in the Style Influencer career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim's random career outfit is completely inappropriate, especially the accessories. In particular, snorkels that are not in CaS, Santa's hat and construction helmets (ie. items which are hidden in CAS) are being added to work outfits.
What do you expect to see? Sims in any career wearing appropriate accessories/clothing for their job, not wearing a snorkel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch which was supposed to fix this (1.80.69) genuinely seems to have made it worse.

image.png

From my own game

image.png

Credit: Maddyherselius (Reddit, 26/09/21)

image.png

Credit: FreedomAndChaos (Reddit, 19/10/21)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 54 (9,802 Views)

Random career outfits after latest patch?

★★ Pro

Please tell me you're seeing this too.. After I updated to the latest version, my sims' and other townies' career outfits are ruined. It's like they're wearing those dreaded situational outfits but they're actually career outfits.

I played with a household I haven't touched in a while. One of them is a painter and I think she's just worn her everyday outfit for work for that current career level. But after updating, this is what the painter sim was wearing for their career outfit:

10-02-21_3-51-15 AM.png

Message 1 of 54 (9,749 Views)

Re: Random career outfits after latest patch?

Hero (Retired)
@siirysiir Does the same happen on a new game?
Message 2 of 54 (9,699 Views)

Re: Random work outfits/accessories (Patch 1.80.69/1.48)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I can definitely confirm this. All the sims that I know having the style influencer career can now be seen around town wearing absolutely hideous random townie fashion after that update but they're not the only ones, they're just the worst ones.

This is what one of my sims, working in the painter career, was wearing to work when I played that household after this specific update:

image_2021-11-15_211900.png

Message 4 of 54 (9,688 Views)

Jingle Jammer going to work in prison uniform

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.991030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but the menswear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? join the Entertainer career
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim goes to work in a prison uniform at the Jingle Jammer level
What do you expect to see? A more entertainer appropriate work outfit
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Entertainer Sim is going to work in a prison uniform as a musician Jingle Jammer.

Message 5 of 54 (9,635 Views)

Re: Jingle Jammer going to work in prison uniform

Hero
@jojoMOMSTER Merging this with the current thread on random work outfits although yours is not as extreme as other reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 54 (9,589 Views)

Re: Jingle Jammer going to work in prison uniform

★★ Guide

This is apparently what a person in the culinary career wears. 
I’m on ps4 so no mods and this is a new save. 

Message 7 of 54 (9,480 Views)

★ Apprentice

Noticed in my game as well. I started a new save and am playing pre-made families rotationally. They all are wearing bizarre outfits to work. 

Message 8 of 54 (9,464 Views)

Hero
@phantomofhummus What career is your Sim in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 54 (9,445 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem! My sim in the style influencer career is using a weird robot costume with a mask on. This happened in a new save. But I have seen this problem in my older saves as well.  Like writers using astronaut helmets going to work. Seen this the past month.

Message 10 of 54 (9,363 Views)