[OPEN] Pools on elevated terrain are inaccessible by Sims

by bilgeytz

Original Post

sims can't enter the pool

★★★ Novice

my sims cannot go into any of the pools in my house. I think it is a terrain problem. anytime I tell them to swim, it shows the movement restriction icon on top of the sim. can something check out my house and help with this

Message 21 of 35 (2,603 Views)

Re: sims can't enter the pool

Champion

@annabelrichison Can I ask a few questions for  clarification?

• Do you see this issue in other lots in the game? 
  • If you try in a different game save do you see the issue?
  • Is your game fully updated? 
  • Spoiler

How to run a game repair:

• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
    • If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs).
    • If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/Have you tried a game repair (click spoiler tag)?
  • Do you have Mods/CC? If you do, or if you had them in the past, please try the following to see if it helps (click spoiler tag):
    Spoiler
    Do you have any Mods or CC? If so, please move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue. If you have a lot of Mods/CC you can use the 50/50 method.
  • Would you be willing to share your lot to the gallery so I could test it in my game? If so, please share the lot to the gallery then add a comment to this thread letting me know the exact name of the lot )you could call it something like 'pool test'). Please also let me know if your User ID in the gallery is different than it is here.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 35 (2,575 Views)

Hero
@annabelrichison I merged your post with the bug report on this

Is your pool on an elevated terrain ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 35 (2,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I believe it is a terrain issue but I don't know anything about terrains

I have shared it to the gallery. my id is Annabelrichison

(merge post) - Atic

Message 24 of 35 (2,526 Views)

Hero
@annabelrichison Could you post a picture of your setup ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 35 (2,497 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pools on elevated terrain are inaccessible by Sims

★★★★★ Novice
@bilgeytz I haven't updated for the last 3 or 4 updates and I've NEVER had a problem with the mansion I play one of my families on. I just updated yesterday, and now my sims can't use the pool. Making the terrain flat isn't an option I have or would do. Ea needs to fix this.
Message 26 of 35 (2,449 Views)

★★★ Novice
@oshealj hey I had the same problem. I fixed it by taking out a mod in my game that affected swimming interactions !
Message 27 of 35 (2,398 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What mod is that?

Message 28 of 35 (2,243 Views)

Re: Pools on elevated terrain are inaccessible by Sims

★★ Guide

I have noticed this too for pools on elevated terrain.

it can  -mostly- be fixed by adding ONE tile (room/deck/platform) near the stairs, A normal floor tile outside is not enough, it has to be a one-tile deck connected to the pool in order for it to work.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17897223/#Comment_17897223

Message 29 of 35 (2,130 Views)

Re: Sims cannot swim or sit by the pool after Nov'20 patch

★★★★ Novice

I was so upset when my sim could not use the pool that I had built on a higher elevation, espec when I saw people saying they 
had to flatten the entire lot to get it to work. I worked really hard on making a mountain home on a higher elevation, re-creating
one that I loved in Avakin Life because of it's amazing soothing and beautiful environment.   

Before I even read your comment 
about building a room, I decided to check to see if I made a room around the pool if it would work. I did this I think because I
am so used to losing floor squares and having to build rooms around rooms to get them back. A weird dynamic but it is what 
it is.  So I built walls around my pool, put a door in and had my sim test it. It works.  No having to move and rebuild the pool or 
anything.  So just put walls around it, so that the floor squares come up underneath it to give it "support" and then remove the 
walls should work for anyone having this issue. 

Thank God too bc I was really upset to think that this property I worked so hard and long on to get right (and had to redo
pathing on the driveway that goes down to the main ground level bc I forgot to save it apparently) and having to flatten
it was just not going to fly.  
Thank you so much for your comments !  Although I didn't see it before I tried the room, I very well could have and I am 
sure it will help someone else who is struggling with this issue. Standard smile  Happy Simming! 

Message 30 of 35 (2,082 Views)