Sims autonomously scrapping paintings

by xjodielaura

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Perfectionist Sims painting don't go in inventory when scratched for new

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure as i am only seeing 1 sim do it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Sim chooses to, or is told to start, or finish a painting, it seems like the Sim autonomously chooses to paint again, but instead of using a different easel it uses the same one and the painting just vanishes.
What do you expect to see? For a painting to be at the easel once it is finished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, added tag

Message 7 of 51 (7,065 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Painting Disappears

Hero

Perfectionists Sims will now save their paintings in their Inventory instead of starting over even after completing a perfect painting. Maybe they were striving to perfection… too hard.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (2,691 Views)

All Replies

Sims Autonomously Overwriting Paintings

★★★ Novice

Right, so I have a sim with the Painting skill, he's in a room with an easel, and he's got the Inspired mood. Every so often, he'll autonomously go to the easel and paint on it, as expected. However, sometimes he'll paint on it while there's a painting still on it, with the result being the painting already on the easel is overwritten; it doesn't show up in his inventory, in the build/buy mode inventory, and he doesn't gain any money, so it's not simply being sold; it just vanishes. What I would expect to happen is for the Sim to not be able to autonomously paint on an easel when something is on it, or for the painting on it to at least get sold beforehand. I have also tested this on a fresh save, with no CC/Mods, and the issue still exists.

Message 1 of 51 (7,132 Views)

Re: Sims Autonomously Overwriting Paintings

★ Pro
 I am also seeing the same problem, for me its just 1 Sim, he starts a new painting as soon as he finishes last one causing the old one to just vanish. It is not in his own or family inventory, I do not seem to get any money for old painting just charged for new paintings.
Message 2 of 51 (7,101 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Shadedergon197  @loyabe There seems to be issues with the painting skill and I'm not aware of what you are describing. You can check bug reports  and if you don't see your problem you can create a bug report.

Message 3 of 51 (7,094 Views)

Hero
@Shadedergon197 @loyabe what traits does the Sim that does it have ?

Do you have any NAP active that could account for the behavior ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 51 (7,079 Views)

★ Pro

The Sim in my game has the Self absorbed, Gloomy and Perfectionist traits, never had any Nap active in this game. I did not make this Sim, I got him from the homeless section.

Message 5 of 51 (7,070 Views)

Hero
@loyabe Could you create a bug report ? I'll merge this into it but need the template filled out

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (7,064 Views)

★ Pro

Bug report done.

Message 8 of 51 (7,052 Views)

Hero
@loyabe Thanks. merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 51 (7,043 Views)

Sims autonomously scrapping paintings

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim create a painting
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will create a painting and then instantly scrap it before I can sell it
What do you expect to see? The painting should stay on the easel until the sim is told to scrap it or sell it etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I will tell my sim to paint (she in the artist career) and she will create a painting and then instantly scrap the painting before I can do anything else. It’s incredibly frustrating when I had her working on a reference painting that would be impossible to recreate because it just happened to be a perfect moment 

Message 10 of 51 (7,001 Views)