[NEEDS SAVES] Partnered Sims turn into siblings

by Koramie

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Partnered Sims turn into siblings

★★ Guide
@usshathaway Hey, you should definitely reach out to sim guru nick, also and see if he could use another save file that has the glitch with the family tree. The more the merrier I say lol
Message 71 of 176 (897 Views)

Modify Outfit Removes Romance Features

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Sims are married 2. Try to modify the outfit of a Sim (either in Modify CAS mode, or in Plan Outfits) 3. Romance features are gone for both Sims, all that is left is "Offer Massage"
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to modify one of my Sims outfits, the Romance feature is removed except for "Offer Massage" to my other Sim that I am married to. However, the Romance feature still works for all other Sims.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to change and/or modify outfits without romance features being removed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I try to modify one of my Sims outfits (either in Modify CAS mode, or in Plan Outfits), the Romance feature is removed except for "Offer Massage" to my other Sim that I am married to. However, the Romance feature still works for all other Sims. I already checked that the Sims are married and not brother/brother or brother/sister. They are married as spouses, and this only occurs when I try to modify an outfit, for example, changing a bathing suit from one color to another, or removing glasses, etc. 

Message 72 of 176 (1,004 Views)

Re: Modify Outfit Removes Romance Features

Hero
@xhrisfitz Did you check if the Sims relationship changed ? Did they maybe also become siblings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 176 (988 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I already checked and they are still considered married.
Message 74 of 176 (985 Views)

Hero
@xhrisfitz But do they have a siblings relationship on top of that ?

Like in the third picture of this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Partnered-Sims-turn-into-siblings/m-p/9283572#M146256

What does the family tree look like ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 176 (934 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict ok so now i see the problem

i am on my Sim A (the original one I created)

now i click the relationships tab thing like in that third picture and open up Sim B profile

it says that they are
1. soulmates
2. spouse
3. offspring

so Sim B is the offspring of Sim A?

how do i get rid of that?

also if i go to Sim B and open up the profile of Sim A it says
1. soulmates
2. spouse
3. master

but my sims (both A and B) are no longer vampires

how can i get rid of that?
Message 76 of 176 (1,194 Views)

Hero
@xhrisfitz Could you upload the family to the gallery and put the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 77 of 176 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict i did notice something else

actually

when i change their outfits
Sim A and Sim B change to brothers along with being spouses and soulmates and offspring / master
Message 78 of 176 (1,133 Views)

Hero
@xhrisfitz Does sound like the other issue then. I'll merge this

The still present master/offspring issue looks different. Probably best if you make a separate thread for that. Sounds like the relationship isn't removed for former vamps.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 176 (1,120 Views)

Wives to SIsters When Entering Cas

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? unsure, as i have no idea whats caused this to happen, altho i suspect making two same sex married sims with 4 children is as good a start as any.
What happens when the bug occurs? whenever i enter cas with two specific married sims, even tho they are previously unrelated in any way, they become sisters and will not allow me to change them back or build romance between them, even after i edit their sisterly relationship away. I've even attempted to delete and redownload the sims from the gallery, and this hasn't helped.
What do you expect to see? the married sims should not become siblings after simply entering cas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. appeared after i installed snowy escape.

im unsure if this glitch is due to my very basic modding of the game or not, but given that uninstalling mods as only served to worsten this experience, id say probably not. this is a nearly 5 generation playthrough, but the issue didn't happen until i attempted for my married sims to scale mt. komorebi. they became sisters and the situation has never fixed itself. 

Message 80 of 176 (1,072 Views)