[OPEN] Parents have romantic interest in their children

by DaleyF2

Original Post

Re: my toddler has a romantic relationship with his dad

Hero
@CasuallyRiding I merged this with the main bug report although since you had mods in when it happened, it could have been a mod issue for you (removing mods usually doesn't get rid of existing relationships)

Best is to use MCCC or a cheat to destroy the romantic relationship.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 88 (2,970 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parents have romantic interest in their children

★ Guide

My teenage daughter flirted with me and now we're each others romantic interest. I'm married to my husband. =/

Message 32 of 88 (2,877 Views)

★★★★ Expert

If you can't or don't use mods, you can use the Friendly interaction "Ask To Just Be Friends" and that gets rid of the romance and doesn't harm the friendship at all.  (Ew. But I can tell you from my own "teen joined romantic convo and was suddenly a love interest" experience that it works!)

Or yes, you can use a mod to destroy the relationship.  UI cheats will zero out the romance bar, but I think it'll always exist at 0, like Ask To Just Be Friends.  MCCC you can destroy and recreate the relationship but you'll lose all your sentiments, etc.

It's awful.  Frown

Message 33 of 88 (2,858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know, I just hate the fact that I have to ask my daughter to just be friends. its such an uncomfortable scenario i don't even want to fix it cuz that Love bar will always be there >.>

like "oh yeah, the love bar, that's from a super dark chapter, we don't talk about it Standard smile"

Message 34 of 88 (2,829 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having this problem as well. I don't play with mods, so for me, it's not something caused by mods or can be fixed. I've just had to either delete the parent sim and cheat them back to where they were after replacing a fresh copy, or quit the save and reload. I see this happening when one of the parents flirts/serenade the other parent.

Message 35 of 88 (2,800 Views)

my sim had a romantic bar with a toddler?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i have no idea?
What happens when the bug occurs? my two sims were flirting and their toddler came up and joined the conversation. i was also watching a show at the time so i just let it play for a bit then i see the toddler get tall in a weird way. I hover over her while being on the mom sims and there was a pink bar ender the friendly one? like the romance one
What do you expect to see? nothing like that
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

still have no idea what happened but i took my sim family on a vacay and had the two parents flirt. the toddler joined the conversation, i was also watching a show so i wasn't really paying attention. I looked up and saw the toddler stretch to get tall in a weird way and i hovered over her while being the mom sim and a romance bar popped up??? this never happened before

Message 36 of 88 (2,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this problem. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen this. It weird and I want it gone. 😭

Message 37 of 88 (2,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Gillie_tate Also side note I’m playing Sims 4 on PC. I have tried left clicking on the game and doing repair and I’m not using mods. Only clothing CC.
Message 38 of 88 (2,621 Views)

Romantic Interest with Toddler

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? SDX: 4.0
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Free stuff, GtW, SD, Spooky, DO, CL, GF
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am honestly not sure how this happened. I suppose the parents had a romantic dialogue around the toddler and somehow the toddler got involved.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a romantic interest bar between the toddler and parent (dad)
What do you expect to see? No romantic interest between parent and child. I know it’s something that happens in real life but I’d rather not have this as something in the game. So pleeease fix this
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There is usually a version code at the top but it starts with FP01:1.assets.live-fp01.253

Message 39 of 88 (2,527 Views)

Disturbing Glitch: It that makes parents have romantic notes with children.

★ Novice

Disturbing Glitch: It that makes parents have romantic notes with children.

Message 40 of 88 (2,528 Views)