[OPEN] Pants on feminine male weird crotch (Patch 1.77)

by NoahLGP

Original Post

[OPEN] Pants on feminine male weird crotch (Patch 1.77)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS. Make a sim with feminine body shape (male or female) and put on the listed outfits/pants (check pictures)
What happens when the bug occurs? Pants or full body outfits I have listed are bugged. Look at the crotch... Something is poking the pants inwards in a really weird way. Making the outfits look really strange. Seems to happen to a lot of pants/fullbody outfits that are baggy. Or are worse when they are baggy.
What do you expect to see? Making the inwards crotch look disappear and have my sims have a flat crotch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Same issue as usual

• Throwback Fit Kit
  • Nifty Knitting Stuff
  • Paranormal Stuff
  • Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
  • Snowy Escape

t32xanll630y.jpg

e6d5kabz4vpc.jpg

cm2pjp4yck84.jpg

5g52ak5kv1st.jpg

p1ijcdhlyxrj.jpg

h4s8omqh0vao.jpg

986w65u7q1aj.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 24 (8,042 Views)

Female Sims have a giant crotch dent when wearing certain pants

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together. Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Strangerville, Vampires, Paranormal, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All you have to do is get a female-framed Sim to wear some specific pants.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon getting a female-framed Sim to wear the pants in question, a giant dent is painfully visible from every angle.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see no dent, just a smooth curve.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is probably the weirdest thing I've ever had to report as a bug. Let me explain.

It is to be somewhat expected that if a female Sim wears masculine pants, some weird stuff is gonna happen in the crotch area.
But this isn't just with masculine pants. It happens with only certain pairs of pants, which is stupid annoying. It's usually the best ones, too.

From what I can tell, it's an issue with the placement of the pants. High-waist jeans and such don't have this issue, but lower, regular heights do, which makes this 10x more frustrating. But weirdly enough, low-waists don't have this issue either.

This doesn't happen, or happens more minorly, to base game items. However I have also noticed that there is still weird model problems.

I'd love to see a fix for this. Originally I thought it was a CC or mod issue. Alas, it is not. I turned them all off, deleted some mods specifically and no - this is a base game problem.

Shroom

Message 2 of 24 (7,615 Views)

Re: Female Sims have a giant crotch dent when wearing certain pants

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

But this isn't just with masculine pants. It happens with only certain pairs of pants, which is stupid annoying. It's usually the best ones, too.

From what I can tell, it's an issue with the placement of the pants. High-waist jeans and such don't have this issue, but lower, regular heights do, which makes this 10x more frustrating. But weirdly enough, low-waists don't have this issue either.

I think it is just with masculine pants. The height placement of the pants isn't causing the problem; it's that most high-waist and low-rise pants in the game were built for a female frame originally. Of the six pants in your example pictures, five were built for a male frame. The pants from Cottage Living are originally for female frames so they look correct.

I think at some point they said they were going back to try and make adjustments to gender converted items to make them look better. I don't know if that's still an ongoing process or not, but it would be great if they'd make further improvements.

Message 3 of 24 (7,537 Views)

Hero
There's a thread for the CoL pants here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Incorrect-Gender-Flag-on-Pants/td-p/10534350

they seem to have a wrong flag

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (7,528 Views)

★★★ Novice
@bizuktag It's 100% primarily masculine pants. I just find it weird that the female frame pants I showed had the dent, too, and also that masculine high/low-rises are unscathed.
Message 5 of 24 (2,947 Views)

CAS BROKEN TROUSERS MESHES

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs-all Game packs- dream home decorator/ realm of magic/ strangerville/ jungle adventure/ parenthood/ vampires/ dine out Stuff packs-tiny living/ Moschino/ laundry day/ bowling night/vintage glamour/kids room/paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS/female trousers. For feminine frame. Select specific trousers. 2 are from eco lifestyle, 1 from incheon arrival kit, 1 from cottage living
What happens when the bug occurs? There’s a hole in the crotch
What do you expect to see? For trousers to fit feminine frame and not to see a hole in the crotch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have more pictures but couldn’t attach them all. Please please fix them. They are unplayable. It’s been so long and they still look like this. Please fix the meshes Disappointed 

Edit: Sorry for some reason it didn’t upload any pictures 🙄🥺😭

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 6 of 24 (2,920 Views)

Re: CAS BROKEN TROUSERS MESHES

Hero
@mildalape Merging this with the main thread for crotch issues.

The Incheon Arrivals Kit pants also have their own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Incorrect-Gender-Flag-on-Pants/td-p/10534350 cause there's also an issue with the gender flag on that one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (2,874 Views)

[HSY] CAS - Low rise jeans glitch

★★★ Apprentice

There's a visual glitch with the low rise jeans that come with the High School Years expansion. It seems to morph weirdly, mostly around the crotch area. The jeans were already tagged for feminine framed Sims, but appear like many of the bottoms for masculine Sims on feminine frames.

My game is up to date and I've tested with and without mods/CC and there are no changes.

Message 8 of 24 (2,822 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pants on feminine male weird crotch (Patch 1.77)

★★ Novice
@NoahLGP Also in the new High school years pack I've found one of the pants, the last one in the list when you tag high school years, the blue/jeans looking one with flared bottom, it also gives the females a weird crotch.
Message 9 of 24 (2,488 Views)

[HSY] Flared Feminine-Frame Jeans Appear Warped

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a feminine-frame Sim in CAS and give them the new flared denim jeans (see pictures) from High School Years.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mesh of the jeans on feminine frames is warped, with a sharp and obvious point at the crotch while the rest seems properly fitted for feminine framed Sims.
What do you expect to see? Clothes that are tagged as feminine frame should fit the frame correctly.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This definitely seems like it's just a point in the mesh that was overlooked, since the jeans fit feminine frames fine otherwise and are flagged as feminine.

Message 10 of 24 (2,743 Views)